Feels so right but so wrong

Emma jo

I'm recently out of a 20 yr loveless marriage. And have found myself going into a very challenging relationship. Pretty quickly. The feelings I have for this new man are unreal. I feel such a connection. Yet i know he's totally wrong for me. Hes back a forth with his ex. He has slept with atleast two other women that i know off. Yet when we are together it's nothing short of magical.

basil67

If you're OK with sharing, perhaps you could explore polyamory 

Will am I

The big question is what you expect from this new relationship.

Coming out of a long marriage maybe you still look at relationships as long term, commited, monogamous like a marriage is supposed to be.  I don't think you will find that commitmemt with this guy anytime soon, he simply doesn't seem ready because his ex is still in the picture. And maybe he's not even willing to be in another committed LTR.  

If you're OK with taking things casual and noncommittent, enjoy the love and attention you are receing again. If you want to jump quickly into a new marriage with this new partner, think again.

• Like 1
Wiseman2
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Emma jo said:

. Hes back a forth with his ex. He has slept with atleast two other women that i know off. Yet when we are together it's nothing short of magical.

Please address your divorce and get to a better place. There's nothing "magical" about 

"Hes back a forth with his ex. He has slept with atleast two other women"

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1
BaileyB
Posted (edited)

I think you need to explore why this “feels so right” to you, possibly even with a trained counsellor. At the very least, you would be very wise to take some time away from dating or relationships… to find yourself and be sure that you are making sound decisions for your life. 

This situation would be setting off serious warning bells for me. It would be a hard No. 

Feelings are just that - feelings. They come and they go, they are fleeting and fickle by nature. If the decision is to follow your heart against the better judgment of your head - you are going to end up with a seriously broken heart. 

So, throw caution to the wind if you will, but do so with the knowledge that he is a very poor choice for a relationship partner and he is likely to hurt you very badly. 

Edited by BaileyB
stillafool
Posted (edited)

It sounds like you are in love with the sex and so are the other women.

Edited by stillafool
  • Thanks 1
SCMandy

What is the source of the connection you feel with him? Is it something you’ve never had before? What is it that you want to come of this?

mark clemson
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:30 PM, Emma jo said:

I feel such a connection. Yet i know he's totally wrong for me.

People can fall in love with the wrong person. It actually happens all the time.

In the vast majority of cases it doesn't end well, so that something you should consider.

Sometimes the idea of "it's all relative" comes into play. If you've been in a bad marriage for 20 years is it possible that normal "new relationship energy" feelings feel super great to you?

If I came across a man who'd been stuck starving in a boat at sea for years and threw him a piece of bread - he'd probably think it was super-awesome too.

So, maybe you have a better view of this guy/your situationship than it actually warrants. Something to think about...

Edited by mark clemson
  • Like 1
Theburna
Posted (edited)

You are nothing more than an on call vagina.  Be real, Mean Girls have lots of name for women like you.

Edited by Theburna
  • Mad 1
basil67
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Theburna said:

You are nothing more than an on call vagina.  Be real, Mean Girls have lots of name for women like you.

And good, compassionate people got a lot of words for men like you.  

Edited by basil67
Theburna
Posted (edited)

Be real, if he has more than 1 woman on call, he is scum and if you fail to recognise this, you need a seeing eye dog.   You state that you came from a bad marriage.  There are no further facts if he was a bad man or you were not a good couple, however I will give you some advice, the penis isn't the only organ that you need to desire, you either have his heart as well or you are a loser.  Its a fact.  Don't losen you r morals for the first post marriage dick that arrives.  Its called smitten, not love.

Edited by Theburna
upgraded
  • Like 1
mark clemson

Another anti-cheater troll. Yay!