Inconsistent guy

sparrowb

Hello, 

There's this guy, we've known for quite some time through common friend, and we texted time to time but didn't meet up really. He travels a lot for both work and private and his communication has been quite inconsistency so think it was not for me. Think he asked me to meet up like 3-4 times before we really met up haha. At some point I forgot about him, and one day he wrote me like a month after our last conversation if I want to grab a drink, and I feel honestly not tempted due to his inconsistent communication style which felt a bit of selfish, but ended up meeting up as it was just a quick drink before dinner, both of us had dinner plan. 

And then I met him which was much nicer in person, and i felt we clicked quite well and had lots of fun! I usually send short thank you message for politeness so i sent the text and he wrote, Thank you too, my name! Very nice to meet you, hope to see you again! :) The next day which was sunday he went to business trip for 5 days and my last text to him was on monday that i just simply wrote hope to see you again as well! And so far i didn't heard from him. I mean feels like either he's not interested or he's probably at some point as usual write me all of a sudden haha. 

Does guy write or mention that hope to see you again to be polite? (this is my main question) I think maybe he's just simply not interested or due to business trip and he works as consultant, i feel the life in gerenal sounds hectic. 

ZA Dater
4 minutes ago, sparrowb said:

Hello, 

There's this guy, we've known for quite some time through common friend, and we texted time to time but didn't meet up really. He travels a lot for both work and private and his communication has been quite inconsistency so think it was not for me. Think he asked me to meet up like 3-4 times before we really met up haha. At some point I forgot about him, and one day he wrote me like a month after our last conversation if I want to grab a drink, and I feel honestly not tempted due to his inconsistent communication style which felt a bit of selfish, but ended up meeting up as it was just a quick drink before dinner, both of us had dinner plan. 

And then I met him which was much nicer in person, and i felt we clicked quite well and had lots of fun! I usually send short thank you message for politeness so i sent the text and he wrote, Thank you too, my name! Very nice to meet you, hope to see you again! :) The next day which was sunday he went to business trip for 5 days and my last text to him was on monday that i just simply wrote hope to see you again as well! And so far i didn't heard from him. I mean feels like either he's not interested or he's probably at some point as usual write me all of a sudden haha. 

Does guy write or mention that hope to see you again to be polite? (this is my main question) I think maybe he's just simply not interested or due to business trip and he works as consultant, i feel the life in gerenal sounds hectic. 

Sounds pretty positive overall I would say, perhaps give it a bit more time, chances are you he probably genuinely busy and the fact he mentioned wanting to see you again means you clearly left a good impression on him.

d0nnivain

This is somebody who is a spur of the moment person.  He can't or won't make plans.  If you can connect on short notice he will make interesting company then & there but that is about as reliable as he will ever be

• Like 1
stillafool

So this past Monday is when you wrote that message and haven't heard back from him yet is the problem?  Today would be the 5th day so.....maybe he isn't back yet or will be back today.  Are you upset because you haven't heard from him while he was away?

• Author
sparrowb
11 minutes ago, stillafool said:

So this past Monday is when you wrote that message and haven't heard back from him yet is the problem?  Today would be the 5th day so.....maybe he isn't back yet or will be back today.  Are you upset because you haven't heard from him while he was away?

yes my last text that i wrote hope to see you again as well! was this monday. I am not upset but just curious with his behavior and ye it's a bit unpredictable so...! but of course it's so early stage and i respect his personality and the way he is...! 

• Author
sparrowb
1 hour ago, ZA Dater said:

Sounds pretty positive overall I would say, perhaps give it a bit more time, chances are you he probably genuinely busy and the fact he mentioned wanting to see you again means you clearly left a good impression on him.

Thanks! ye, i will give him some time ofc :) I cannot expect someone that i only met once to write me when he's on business trip or busy.. hope he reaches out when he has more time ! thanks :) glad that it's overall positive. Cos i felt maybe he wrote just to be nice and not to hurt me.