What birthday gift to give?

RandallHare

It's her birthday tomorrow, and I need to make a good impression as another guy gave her a big surprise (like a really big surprise).

I don't want to compete. Instead, I'm going to make it solemn but special. I might write a poem and place it inside a music box or anything nice and ornamental, plus wine which bears my surname, and a chocolate that also bears my surname. (A little backstory: my surname is kinda common so there are products with brand names bearing our surname so no need for a special sponsor or something! lmao)

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea?

Wiseman2

Who is she and how well do you know her? Is this other guy her BF

Unless you're dating it seems a bit too much and a little on the creepy side. 

• Author
RandallHare

I'm courting her now. The other guy I'm not sure what he is to her, but I sense that this lady seems interested in me as well, especially after we both realized we have so many common interests. We're going to see each other at a cafe at around 6 pm tomorrow. I think this is going to be our first date.

Alpacalia

I think bringing her a small personalized gift is a thoughtful gesture with the caveat that you don't want to make it seem like you're trying to compete with the other guy's surprise. Just make sure to also focus on making her feel special and appreciated with your words and actions throughout the day. That would be the best way to make a good impression. Good luck!

• Like 2
Wiseman2

Wait until your first date tomorrow. Try to get to know each other. Unfortunately you're not going to win her over with over the top gestures if she's already seeing someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Author
RandallHare

I wish this guy's just another one of her suitors, and I hope that my gift would make her feel special and will leave a good impression about me. 

I felt something about her especially when we realized we have so much in common and so many common interests. There are actually 3 signs I might have good chances with her: (1) she touched my hand, (2) she invited me to wakeboard with her, and (3) she's interested to watch the same movie with me.

happyhorizons
On 3/30/2024 at 8:59 AM, RandallHare said:

I wish this guy's just another one of her suitors, and I hope that my gift would make her feel special and will leave a good impression about me. 

I felt something about her especially when we realized we have so much in common and so many common interests. There are actually 3 signs I might have good chances with her: (1) she touched my hand, (2) she invited me to wakeboard with her, and (3) she's interested to watch the same movie with me.

Make her FEEL SPECIAL and everything else will fall into place. I think you are on the right track.