Wiseman2

You were also a distraction. One who was still living with her husband.  So it seems you had a free pass too. 

Kept calling her a “distraction” until I was free..  Love how the man always gets a free pass.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly
8 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

He lied to me about their relationship for months.  Kept calling her a “distraction” until I was free

Come on. You aren't that naive or clueless, I am sure. 

I think you accepted this convenient excuse because it suited your agenda to keep seeing him, even though you obviously knew he was seeing her. You gave yourself a pass for months until he chose her over you,.  Now your ego is hurt.

Go ahead and tell her if you want, but put on your Big Girl Pants and own your role in this. You are not a totally innocent party here either, so you might as well take your lumps. Will she (or he) shoot the messenger? It's very likely, yes. That's a price you have to decide if you are willing to pay if you expose him completely. 

• Like 3
d0nnivain
16 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

Everyone is missing the point. He is still telling me he loves me and stringing me along.  Even though I am now done.  Why does he get to play these games with her with no repercussions?

Because you let him.   There are repercussions.  He lost you.  

15 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

I will see them all around town so it’s not as easy to distance myself. 

Sure it is.  Block him everywhere.  Change up your routine.  Cross the street or exit the establishment when you see them together.  

13 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

Complicit?  He lied to me about their relationship for months.  Kept calling her a “distraction” until I was free.  It wasn’t until this week that I learned the truth.  Love how the man always gets a free pass. 

Nobody is giving him a "free pass".  All we are saying is that there is nothing YOU can do about this.  Even if you take some action, it probably won't benefit you.   

Plus your willful blindness was a partial cause of your present misery.  You chose to stay married & living with your husband.  Then you chose to ignore this "distraction."   Had you acted sooner, gotten divorced & committed to this guy you probably wouldn't be in this situation.   

• Like 4
smackie9

So you are being butt hurt over it. Let it go and be at peace with it. It would be different if you had no idea what he was do all the while was making big promises, and see other women behind you back....this whole time he's be straight forward about it. Revenge would be such a childish act, and you would be setting yourself up for humiliation from the gossip by the towns people. The reality is, he got tired of waiting and I don't blame the guy. He was ready to commit right away, but you dragged your feet for 3 years, so you only have yourself to blame. Basically you two should never had dated because you both had very different expectations. 

The right thing to do is to move on from your marriage and move on with your life.  Kids adapt just fine. Divorcing and being happy is a healthier choice. All will be OK. 

• Author
Soulmate47
1 minute ago, smackie9 said:

So you are being butt hurt over it. Let it go and be at peace with it. It would be different if you had no idea what he was do all the while was making big promises, and see other women behind you back....this whole time he's be straight forward about it. Revenge would be such a childish act, and you would be setting yourself up for humiliation from the gossip by the towns people. The reality is, he got tired of waiting and I don't blame the guy. He was ready to commit right away, but you dragged your feet for 3 years, so you only have yourself to blame. Basically you two should never had dated because you both had very different expectations. 

The right thing to do is to move on from your marriage and move on with your life.  Kids adapt just fine. Divorcing and being happy is a healthier choice. All will be OK. 

Not entirely true. He was with another woman for 1 year and a half before this one.  So I wasn’t willing to move forward while he was with her.  

Weezy1973

If you want to tell her, I’d just tell her and let the chips fall where they may. If you’re labeled the “crazy ex” so be it. 

• Like 2
mark clemson
18 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

Complicit?  He lied to me about their relationship for months.  Kept calling her a “distraction” until I was free. 

On 3/26/2024 at 7:08 PM, Soulmate47 said:

I found someone.  But not just someone, definitely my soulmate.  

Well, his feelings grew and now he’s choosing her over me.

Come on. If this was really about protecting her you would have acted at the point where they started up, or at the point where you figured out she doesn't know about you.

Instead it's happening now, as you make a play to hang on to your "soulmate" (who clearly doesn't feel the same way about you) and/or vindictively spoil what they have with your reveal.

TBH I think this soulmate assessment is the dopamine and oxytocin talking. At any rate, men only get a "free pass" from those willing to give them one, which was you right up until now.

Edited by mark clemson
  • Like 3
Acacia98
On 3/27/2024 at 9:03 PM, Acacia98 said:

I'm curious: why don't you want her to know it's you? And what do you believe will happen when you tell her?

You never did answer my questions, @OP. ☝️

• Like 1
Alpacalia
4 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

Not entirely true. He was with another woman for 1 year and a half before this one.  So I wasn’t willing to move forward while he was with her.  

Nonetheless, you both had one foot out the door (mainly on your end because you were holding off on finalizing the divorce), and this is the predictable outcome of that foolish arrangement.  

You can send her the proof if you want but I’m pretty sure he’ll deny it and make you into the crazy ex for doing it. Or he’ll fess up and they’ll both be angry at you. What I recommend is that you focus on finalizing your own divorce and moving on with your life. Concentrate on what’s best for your kids and yourself, and stop worrying about his relationship with this other woman. It’s not your responsibility or problem anymore. You both made choices that led to this outcome and now it’s time to accept it and move on.

By the way, how far along are you in finalizing your divorce? 

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 2
  • Author
Soulmate47
4 minutes ago, Alpacalia said:

Nonetheless, you both had one foot out the door (mainly you because you were holding off on finalizing the divorce), and this is the predictable outcome of that foolish arrangement.  

You can send her the proof if you want but I’m pretty sure he’ll deny it and make you into the crazy ex for doing it. Or he’ll fess up and they’ll both be angry at you. What I recommend is that you focus on finalizing your own divorce and moving on with your life. Concentrate on what’s best for your kids and yourself, and  stop worrying about his relationship with this other woman. It’s not your responsibility or problem anymore.  You both made choices that led to this outcome and now it’s time to accept it and move on.

Did you ever get divorced, by the way?

Not sure how he can deny it.  It’s all in Black and White.  I was holding off on finalizing my divorce bc he was with another woman. 

smackie9
8 minutes ago, Soulmate47 said:

Not sure how he can deny it.  It’s all in Black and White.  I was holding off on finalizing my divorce bc he was with another woman. 

Why should that be reason to hold off....should be doing it anyways to make yourself available to anyone that becomes your "soulmate"

TBH he's had np coming up with excuses to keep seeing other women...some soulmate is he. 

Edited by smackie9
Alpacalia
7 minutes ago, Soulmate47 said:

But why would you wait to finalize your divorce? Aside from using it as some kind of weird way to “punish” him for being with someone else (which it seems you never really followed through on, since you saw him during the majority of their 1.5 year relationship, so it was really just you holding on to hope on some level and torturing yourself), it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Did you still have some kind of obligation to him as far as support (your soon-to-be ex-husband)? You could have at least filed for divorce 3 years ago, but just delayed it until you were ready instead of holding onto the legal ties.

There are a lot of holes in your story and it doesn’t really add up.

And clearly the man you were dating didn’t feel all that compelled to be with her (at the time), if he was still seeing you while also seeing her. It’s all just a big mess. And regardless of who was with who first or last, he’s currently with someone else and choosing to be with them over you. That’s what you need to focus on and start moving on from. 

• Like 1
stillafool
18 minutes ago, Soulmate47 said:

What does his being with another woman have to do with you finalizing your divorce?   You were planning on divorcing anyway before you even met the other man.

Edited by stillafool
  • Like 2
d0nnivain
2 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

I was holding off on finalizing my divorce bc he was with another woman. 

What does the OM have to do with the end of your marriage?  If your marriage was over end it.  Don't wait for some other guy to come along so you can have a soft landing.  Like her politics or not but Fani Willis was spot on about one thing:  A Man is not a Plan.  

• Like 2
basil67

You were married and were having a thing with him while knowing he had a thing with someone else.   As you were also cheating on your husband during this whole debacle, I don't understand how you can be on your high horse with trying to give him repercussions.

Honestly, I think the most likely repercussion is for an STI to travel through the lot of you. 

• Like 4
BaileyB

I personally would not be fighting to keep this guy… If she wanted him, she would be welcome to have him. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Soulmate47 said:

I was holding off on finalizing my divorce bc he was with another woman. 

Interesting.

In your opening story you said you were holding off the divorce for the sake of your children. I don't think you and your husband have a seperation agreement. This sentence tells me you're keeping your husband as back up plan. You don't want to fall in between 2 chairs. 

I always think of the children involved in those stories I read on here. Children are highly sensitive to their environment that's why it's better for them to have divorced parents than to have parents living a lie under the same roof. 

Instead of concentrating on this lover and how to take revenge on him, learn to let go. You have a part of responsibility in this story, identify it, name it, take responsability for it. You made a long list of bad decisions to end up where you are today. 

Edited by Gaeta
  • Like 2

He cheated in his wife with you. He cheated on you with OW.  Why do you want to be with a cheater?  He wants to cheat he likes the excitement of new woman.  Unfortunately you became old.   You need to find someone else.  Wate until your divorce is finish. Then go looking   With nothing to hide 

• Like 1