Third date at his place

So I had two great dates with whom I met on Tinder. 
First date: we went to the museum and got a good dinner. We got a simple kiss before leaving.

Second date: we walked around the beach after dinner. And We held hands and kissed.

For the third date, he suggested his place where he would cook me a meal and watch the movie. If a guy invites you over (especially so soon), does that mean he does not want to get into a serious relationship with me which mean is he just hook up?

If we have sex on this third date, is there still havd any chance of us getting together?

Edited by ememy
basil67

Impossible to answer.  Perhaps it would be wise to have a conversation with him

Gebidozo
1 hour ago, ememy said:

So I had two great dates with whom I met on Tinder. 
First date: we went to the museum and got a good dinner. We got a simple kiss before leaving.

Second date: we walked around the beach after dinner. And We held hands and kissed.

For the third date, he suggested his place where he would cook me a meal and watch the movie. If a guy invites you over (especially so soon), does that mean he does not want to get into a serious relationship with me which mean is he just hook up?

If we have sex on this third date, is there still havd any chance of us getting together?

There is no relation between the two things.

You can have sex on that third date and then live together forever in love and blissful harmony. You can wait a year to have sex, and then he breaks up with you. Or vice versa. These things have no correlation and are impossible to predict.

What’s important is how you feel about having sex on the third date. Are you feeling you’re ready for it, you want it? Then accept his invitation and it might happen. Are you feeling uneasy, uncomfortable, doubtful? Then don’t do it, don’t go to his place, wait longer, get to know that guy better. 

Edited by Gebidozo
Alpacalia

Some would advise not going to the other's house until you're in a strong relationship, while others would consider taking this step to be well within normal behavior for a third date. Is your intention to become serious and long term? If so, then don't take this great compromise to wind up in bed. If you're cool with just hanging out and having a good time, then do that.

• Like 1
d0nnivain

He is definitely looking for 3rd date sex.   Whether he wants more than that I can't say from your post.  If you are not DTF, I would decline the invitation to his house.  

Why did you post this in the LDR section? 

• Like 1
BaileyB

I don’t know that anyone can say whether he is looking for a relationship or a hook-up… But, I think it’s fair to assume that he subscribes to the “sex on the third date” belief. 

If you are looking for a relationship and not a hook-up, I would suggest that it’s time to have that discussion before you agree to go to his house for dinner and a movie…

• Like 2
Wiseman2

He may be hoping it leads to sex but nothing you don't want to happen is going to happen. If you are afraid of a hit and run, pace yourself. 

• Like 1
d0nnivain
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

nothing you don't want to happen is going to happen. 

That is not necessarily true.   

We can assume this guy is trustworthy but we don't know that for sure.  Alone in his house, he could drug you or hold you by force & rape you.  Think of all Bill Cosby's victims.  

• 2 weeks later...
happyhorizons
On 3/22/2024 at 8:46 AM, BaileyB said:

I don’t know that anyone can say whether he is looking for a relationship or a hook-up… But, I think it’s fair to assume that he subscribes to the “sex on the third date” belief. 

If you are looking for a relationship and not a hook-up, I would suggest that it’s time to have that discussion before you agree to go to his house for dinner and a movie…

Not sure why anyone would subscribe to intimacy "on the third date" or the "seventh date".  Shouldn't it just happen naturally?   Anyway, trust your instincts and WHAT YOU WANT

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

Speak! Tell him you are worried about him expecting sex. Say you like him, but don't want to have sex yet--if that's your view.

Speak up! To him. Ask all the questions you ask here. 

Edited by Lotsgoingon
happyhorizons
2 minutes ago, Lotsgoingon said:

Speak! Tell him you are worried about him expecting sex. Say you like him, but don't want to have sex yet--if that's your view.

Speak up! To him. Ask all the questions you ask here. 

I sure hope that HE has not actually SAID that is what he expects from the OP

basil67

You posted in "long distances relationships".  Are the two of you long distance?  If so will you have to get a hotel or stay at his place for the night?