Temporarly moving from this section.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn
Don't tell me to 'get right with god'.. I'm a religious person.. pray all the time. Difference is, I don't cram religion down everybody's throats. You have no right to tell people they're going to hell and they need to find God. People have different religions. You have no right to tell anybody who's right and who's wrong.

I'm just saying what the Bible says. If you dont like what the Bible says that's fine. I did not make the laws of physics either.

And for the record.. you have blatantly stated that you lie to people. You lie to girls on websites saying you're something that you're not just to get responses. Lying is a sin.

Where is the evidence of this? Prove it.

I'm just saying what the Bible says. If you dont like what the Bible says that's fine.

A lame cop-out. People have historically used the Bible to justify all sorts of their own agendas--from the subjugation of women to the Holocaust.

Text doesn't interpret itself! It never will. It's your choice to decide what kind of scholar you want to be, and whether or not you want to live your life around the Bible, or work the Bible around your life.

The second choice seems to be more popular among your sort.

I did not make the laws of physics either.

Your physics analogies are obnoxious.

You are not to religion what physicists are to physics.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn
I'm just saying what the Bible says. If you dont like what the Bible says that's fine.

A lame cop-out. People have historically used the Bible to justify all sorts of their own agendas--from the subjugation of women to the Holocaust.

There is no justification of the Holocaust in the Bible.

Text doesn't interpret itself! It never will. It's your choice to decide what kind of scholar you want to be, and whether or not you want to live your life around the Bible, or work the Bible around your life.

The second choice seems to be more popular among your sort.

That is your opinion.

You can justify anything with the Bible. Martin Luther used it to justify his misogynistic worldview, Godhatesfags.com uses it to denigrate homosexuals, and plenty of people use it for all sorts of evil.

This is because text must be interpreted. It doesn't interpret itself. That's not an opinion, that's fact. Sit next to a Bible all day with a tape recorder, and see if the Bible says anything to you.

• Like 1

1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 to cite one. It is possible to make the Bible "say" pretty much anything you want it to.

• Like 1
  • Author
Admiral Thrawn
1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 to cite one. It is possible to make the Bible "say" pretty much anything you want it to.

Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD. The Roman General Titus and the 10th Legion totalled Jerusalem. Historically, justice was done, and all those 'bad guys' at that period of time were killed.

That chapter and verse can not apply to modern Jews because they are not part of the time when Jesus or the Prophets are around, and therefore can not justify any holocaust.

Landing back into this section. The week is almost over, but I have decided to make a landing now. You have all been tested to see how you would respond to my posts on the other section and now I'm back.

To all the people that have attacked me on the 'searching and transition' thread, by calling me a hypocrite or saying all sorts of nasty things, you have no leg to stand on, because on Judgement Day, God's going to look at your sins and judge you if you are not protected, and nothing is going to change that unless you accept Christ...... or other people and rejecting Christ because of what you think of some Christians - you are in for a big surprise - your attitude is not going to save you from hell. .....If anyone wants to pick a fight - then they can do so now. Here it is appropraite. On the other section, it was cowardly

I haven't laughed so much since I went to see the Jerry Springer Opera. You'd enjoy the ending, by the way.

To those of you who are attacking Jimmy Swaggart

One can't have a name like Jimmy Swaggart and expect to escape unscathed. Who is he?

As qualified as you are.

Because Jesus was also the King of the Jews. If Pilate refused to crucify Jesus, they would have accused Pilate of treason for supporting someone who claimed to be the 'King of the Jews". Pilate would have lost his post or been charged with treason if he did not cooperate with the mob. He was protecting himself by appeasing this crowd. Pilate himself found 'no fault' in Jesus and would have released him in an eye-blink if it weren't for the mob.

The Cross on which Jesus hung said "King of the Jews", the Pharisees wanted it to say 'He said He was the King of the Jews", but Pilate knew that he was indeed the Messiah, the King of the Jews. It seemed he did not want to sentence Jesus to be crucified but was bullied by the crowd, and simply caved into appeasing a crazy mob.

Are you saying that Pilate was standing next to God, Jesus, indeed the Messiah, and gave the order for his execution because of a mob. He ordered the execution of God, the creator of the Universe, giver and taker of life, savior of the world, because he was bullied by a crowd. That's absurd, nothing more needs to be said.

This makes more sense. Pilate could give a hoot about Jesus the Jew. Not surprising considering the place and time. In order to subdue the rioting Jews he orders the execution. Simple logic.

I personally feel that this story and others pertaining to Roman soldiers were added to the gospels to add appeal to the Romans in general.

That chapter and verse can not apply to modern Jews because they are not part of the time when Jesus or the Prophets are around, and therefore can not justify any holocaust.

The jack Christian logic is to take a goal/agenda/idea, and THEN find scripture to support it. Using that stratagem, you can justify anything you'd like.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn
The jack Christian logic is to take a goal/agenda/idea, and THEN find scripture to support it. Using that stratagem, you can justify anything you'd like.

Again, you have to be saved to understand the Bible, it is more than just a text, it is the living, breathing, creative word of God. It breaths life.

So says you. The Bible doesn't talk. It has people talk for it. You make it say one thing, Hitler will make it say another, and so on and so forth. That's the danger of text. Call it "living and breathing" all you'd like, it doesn't make it any more able to interpret itself.

Again, you have to be saved to understand the Bible

That's quite an elitist opinion. The reality is that modern fundamentalism seeks to justify its own doctrines with scripture, which isn't "understanding" the Bible, it's just twisting it.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn

So says you. The Bible doesn't talk. It has people talk for it. You make it say one thing, Hitler will make it say another, and so on and so forth. That's the danger of text. Call it "living and breathing" all you'd like, it doesn't make it any more able to interpret itself.

There is no scripture in the Bible giving instructions to kill all Jews.

One of the commandments is 'Thou shalt not kill'. Hitler and his Germans were murderers, and at the end of the day, they killed themselves.

Again, you have to be saved to understand the Bible

That's quite an elitist opinion. The reality is that modern fundamentalism seeks to justify its own doctrines with scripture, which isn't "understanding" the Bible, it's just twisting it.

It is time to put a Bible quote on Exhibit 'A':

I Corinthians 2:2-5

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God..

vs 6-7 "Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of the world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mistery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

vs 10-11 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit for the Spirit searcheth all things, yeah, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Anything that you can know about God, or about the true interpretation of the Bible text is only by revelation directly from the Spirit of God. You have to hear the Spirit of God communicate to your mind concerning the meaning of the text. The Spirit of God will illuminate the meaning of the Bible. He is the best interpreter, because He inspired men to write that text. Who is the best guide of interpreting a text, other than the author? I consult the author. I rest my case.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn

Anybody here can ask God to help them understand the Bible, or what it is all about.

My point is that scripture can be interpreted to mean pretty much anything, and it's a valid point. Either you don't get that, and you suffer from a severe defecit of critical thinking skills, or you do understand it, and you're just being obnoxious. Both possibilities render further debate of that issue pointless.

You have to hear the Spirit of God communicate to your mind concerning the meaning of the text.

That's either schizophrenia, in which case you should seek help, or simply a vague meaningless cop-out to the fact that you're not well versed on Biblical context and translation. Either way, my point still stands, text does not interpret itself. Your interpretation of it is yours, not God's. It's a dangerous arrogance to assume your interpretation is divine and complete.

He is the best interpreter, because He inspired men to write that text. Who is the best guide of interpreting a text, other than the author? I consult the author. I rest my case.

Divine inspiration is a justification, not a motivation. For example, my posts are divinely inspired. They are not divine. Arguing with my religious convictions is arguing with me, not God.

You don't consult the author. The authors are dead. God isn't the author. You can do your best to examine the author's audience, context, intentions, and original language--but I doubt that interests you, because of your righteousness.

It's a shame the Bible is marketted like it is today--it was never intended to be used as a debate tool or a weapon. The proccess of which historical books made it into the canon and which did not is, unfortunately, pretty arbitrary.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn

My point is that scripture can be interpreted to mean pretty much anything, and it's a valid point. Either you don't get that, and you suffer from a severe defecit of critical thinking skills, or you do understand it, and you're just being obnoxious. Both possibilities render further debate of that issue pointless.

There is no interpretation, of any scripture, that can justify killing of all Jews.

For an interpretation to be VALID, it can not contradict any other part of the Bible. There are many Bible verses that re-affirm that the Jews will ultimately receive Jesus Christ as their Messiah, and Jesus will return on the Mount of Olives, the same way He left, to establish his Millenium Reign on the earth. Thousands of promises in the Bible relating to this Millenium Kingdom.

Obviously, the Bible would contradict itself if there was ever any indication that it was God's will that all Jews were terminated. As a principle of interpretation, the Bible, can not contradict itself. Like a jig-saw puzzle, each scripture verse is suppose to fit to create a perfect puzzle whole.

You have to hear the Spirit of God communicate to your mind concerning the meaning of the text.

That's either schizophrenia, in which case you should seek help, or simply a vague meaningless cop-out to the fact that you're not well versed on Biblical context and translation. Either way, my point still stands, text does not interpret itself. Your interpretation of it is yours, not God's. It's a dangerous arrogance to assume your interpretation is divine and complete.

I quoted verses of the Bible, and the best arguement you can come up with for those specific verses is schizophrenia? You are a waste of time to discuss anything with because when you dont understand something, or cant say anything meaningful about an obvious truth in the Bible, you have to resort to name calling. You are simply a bad sport.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn

Well, it looks like this section has become Idolatrous for me. That's right, I've become addicted to arguing until the cows come home. I will have to repent and leave this section. Good-bye !!!

• Like 1