Co-Worker is a Sloppy Dresser

curiousnycgirl

I am not certain the size of your organization - but it appears to be small. I work in a very large, global bank - and frankly our administrative staff is not necessarily expected to dress "well." It would be nice and most certainly do - but it really has no impact on our revenue stream how our administrative staff dresses.

Were I to have a similar issue to you - I would tread very lightly. From what you have written you are bordering on creating a hostile work environment - since you are senior to her but not her manager.

Once again you need to let this one go - especially if her manager won't do anything - you are walking on very thin ice.

I've also noticed that there are people who don't care what they look like and no amount of coaching (short of accompanying them to the store to buy a new wardrobe) will help. Heck, sounds like you could dress her up but if her hair is still a mess, her nails are dirty and she's wearing no makeup it wouldn't be much better, would it?

Unless a client makes a comment about her appearance, doesn't sound to me like much will happen.

If you're going to have a dress code at all, it has to be enforced. I don't think your gripes are unfounded, JenJen, but at the same time you should be very careful how you address this. I think you have to raise it once to her direct superior, and perhaps twice, and then...you have to let it go. Otherwise, you come away looking obsessed with someone's personal appearance when instead you should be more concerned with the bottom line. Obviously, management doesn't yet feel it's reached the point of requiring a discussion, which isn't too hard to do, by the way.

Dress code infractions? Jesus. I frankly would be happy if my company:

1. Hired people who were competent

2. Fired people who were incompetent/tyranical/micromanagers

3. Refrained from rehiring previously fired incompetent people

That would be really nice.

Dress code infractions? Jesus. I frankly would be happy if my company:

1. Hired people who were competent

2. Fired people who were incompetent/tyranical/micromanagers

3. Refrained from rehiring previously fired incompetent people

That would be really nice.

:lmao: :lmao: What? You want to live in Utopia or something?

sigh

:lmao: :lmao: What? You want to live in Utopia or something?

sigh

[Harvey Fierstein]I just whannnt to work with nice people. Is that soooow wrong!