Success. Ex Fiance has responded. now what?

after 2.5 months of consistent effort, my ex Fiance has sent an email. for the last 2.5 months I have written her 2 letters and have done some nice things for her. I want very badly to get her back.

So now what? How much do I email? I know not to flood her with messages. Any advice is much appreciated.

• Author
2 minutes ago, Weezy1973 said:

What did she say in the email to you?

it was very short.. just said hi and thank you for the things I have done for her this year.  This is progress because back in late December she said there was no way in the world we would have any contact or relationship.  

d0nnivain

Oh dear.  You are unfortunately high on hopium, one of the most dangerous drugs.   

You don't have to share the reasons with the forum but do you know why you two broke up?  Has every issue that drove you apart been fully resolved?  If not, what is the point of getting back together?  

According to your post history you & this woman broke up 7 years ago.  Why on earth are you chasing after her after all this time?  She has fully moved on.  You are somebody she used to a know, a memory from the distant past, nothing more.  After all this time she probably thought it would be OK to respond to be polite.   That is not an indication that she wants to reconcile.  Do not read her so optimistically.  If she wanted to get back together she would have said something like "OMG!  I'm so happy you reached out.  I was thinking about you.  Let's get together. "   She didn't do that.   Don't get your hopes up

• Like 2
Wiseman2

If   back in late December she said there was no way in the world we would have any contact or relationship, please pay attention. The email seems polite and like she wants to get you off her back. 

MsJayne

If she said there's no way she'd be in contact the only thing that's changed is that she's had time to stop being angry. If you did something that made her end the engagement it must have been pretty big, and if she doesn't want contact with you it must have been hurtful. So we need to know what happened, because it will influence how we answer. Based on the small amount you posted I would say she's just being polite. 

Wiseman2

Interestingly you called your engagement "a train wreck" in your May 14 2022 thread. "She is making this real easy. I am shocked!"

You also claimed you haven't had much luck dating since because "women are a pain in the ass". 

So it seems like you are just desperate and not thinking this through. 

Edited by Wiseman2
happyhorizons

This is not seem like a healthy situation for you OP.  I would not LOVEBOMB her or saturate her with messages of any sort.  It seems that you have done more than enough to gauge her level of interest of reconnecting.