guys who smoke?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Once again, teevee and radio will be the things that will render the human race obsolete. Most people's brains have already turned to mush due to high media overload... now it'll just take the effects of all the garbage taken in via mouth and lung to finish 'em off! :laugh::lmao::p

Naw . . . the human will always be around. The gene pool just keeps increasing to a higher level of E-coli. :lmao:

There are too many people having six kids for us to run out of people. What we will run out of is working people to support them. But that's another topic . . . and rant. :laugh:

The Ignore button . . . I think it's funny that people will still respond to the people who tick them off. Apparently the ignore button doesn't work. (And, no, I'm not speaking directly to WWIU. It's just an observation.)

As far as pleasing people here :lmao: . . . aw . . . never mind.

Let's see the topic is smoking or not smoking.

I vote NOT. Besides the health risks, I think that it's a nasty, dirty habit. It yanks my chain to take a shower in the morning, go to the bank or wherever and have to walk through someone's smoke. I smell like it the rest of the day. It also bugs me that people leave cigarette butts everywhere.

My daughter bought a house from a little old lady who smoked (a visual that disgusts me as well). The rooms were so laden with smoke that the walls had to be washed THREE times before we even considered painting them. (Didn't know if the paint would stick.)

I vote NOT. Besides the health risks, I think that it's a nasty, dirty habit. It yanks my chain to take a shower in the morning, go to the bank or wherever and have to walk through someone's smoke. I smell like it the rest of the day. It also bugs me that people leave cigarette butts everywhere.

I agree completely. I went to Buffalo over the summer and they don't allow smoking in bars/restaurants. It was a nice relief to walk out of there and still smell fresh. Even with the increase in cigarette taxes, people still smoke. I heard so many tell me that if the prices climb then they will quit, but yet they still smoke. It must be quite an addiction.

Man, oh man. Where is outcast when you need her?

Right here and very disappointed at WWIU making a personal attack. Then again, Smooch, you shouldn't oughta say you disagree with Alpha - it makes WWIU get all testy :lmao:

what you all you people think of guys who smoke big fat expensive cuban cigars? Is this cool/attractive to women?

People inhaling the products of combustion aren't attractive because they smell bad. And are literally burning up money. And, as opposed to people with most other addictions, are potentially contributing to my future illness. I avoid them.

I have allergies and cannot spend very much time in the company of people who smoke even if they're not smoking when they're with me. The smoke clinging to their clothes and hair starts me coughing. My body seems to be very good at developing aversions to things which are unhealthy :)

Then again, Smooch, you shouldn't oughta say you disagree with Alpha - it makes WWIU get all testy :lmao:

Yeah, that was quite naughty of me. :p

Right here and very disappointed at WWIU making a personal attack. Then again, Smooch, you shouldn't oughta say you disagree with Alpha - it makes WWIU get all testy :lmao:

I like it when you're disappointed in me...Makes for good make-up sex later after we log off LS! :p:D:laugh:

:sick:

Sorry, WWIU, but unlike some of the LS lasses, I don't swing both ways. :sick:

Fine if you guys like it but just not my thing.

Neither do I, was just being a pain in the ass, that's all. :) I like the team I play for and have NO intention of switching...Ever!

• Author

y'all forgot all about the good effects of smoking.

and i dont know where you heard that second hand smoking is worse than primary smoking, but that doesnt make sense.

and of course, non-smokers like to think that they dont think smokers are cool, but deep down inside, you know, and we know that you know, that you think we're badasses.

Badasses to the tar-filled, cancerous, money-wasting core!

i dont know where you heard that second hand smoking is worse than primary smoking, but that doesnt make sense.

It is because the cardiovascular system of nonsmokers is extremely sensitive to tobacco toxins .. This creates more case of cardiovascular disease

So... it does make sense....

Why would you want to do something, that makes you sick, causes death to you, makes you stink, causes you to taste like an ashe tray when you kiss someone, makes people around you stink from your cigerette/cigar smoke, and you throw away your money on it?

What exactly you DO YOU get out of smoking?

Just curious.....

Why would you want to do something, that makes you sick, causes death to you, makes you stink, causes you to taste like an ashe tray when you kiss someone, makes people around you stink from your cigerette/cigar smoke, and you throw away your money on it?

What exactly you DO YOU get out of smoking?

Just curious.....

This is a good example of people who have never had an addiction. It sounds easy. Just don't buy them, right? Why waste the money, why spend every day being ostrizied for a "habit" no one likes anyway. Just stop, right? Will power and all.

I've been smoking for about 13 years. I've tried everything to quit. The patch, gum, zyban, cold turkey... etc. The longest I've gone is 12 months. I thought about it every single day, every moment, every hour, every time I sipped a coffee, or ate a meal. I wanted a cigarette every second of those 12 months. I craved one, desired, had to have one, it ate at me, drove me, and it took every ounce I had not to go to the store and pick up a pack.

You don't understand the addiction. I would love to be able to toss aside my smoking habit like I would a bad chocolate habit. But it's not simple. Look at alcoholics. True alcoholics. It's classified as a disease and protected by the government. A person can't be fired without the employer first attempting to send the person to AA and other help groups. But smoking is despised. We're revolting.

I will go stand in the sub-zero tempetures, in the rain, in mud, in heat that would take your breath away, just to smoke a cigarette.

Before you start telling me, and other smokers, what the newest fad and moral right is, take a bit of time to understand addiction and the way it makes people behave. Your comments prove you have no clue.

I just want to be left alone. I don't want the government telling me what I can and can't do in my own home. If I stink, then don't stand near me. If you find it disgusting, then go away. And most of all, stop comparing cigarette's to choosing to buy a bag of potato chips.

Walk,

Trust me I completely understand addiction.

I have a father and brother who are alcoholics and a smoker, and battled my ex husbands meth addiction for 7 years... So, yes I understand addiction....

I was posting to if we thought it cool, uncool etc.....

Thank goodness I don't have an addiction, but yes I have an addictive personality and I know addiction runs in my family, so for me I try to stay clear of anything such as smoking, drugs and drinking, because I have seen all these things kill people I love.

I know the constant everyday struggle that is takes to try to break the habbits of addiction. And I have compassion for everyone who is trying to break those habbits,a nd I also have admiration for you for trying to quite.

• Author
It is because the cardiovascular system of nonsmokers is extremely sensitive to tobacco toxins .. This creates more case of cardiovascular disease

So... it does make sense....

So... if I am a nonsmoker that is exposed to second hand smoke, I will have a greater risk of developing cardiovascular disease than if I actually smoked?

http://www.hazelden.org/servlet/hazelden/cms/ptt/hazl_alive_and_free.html?sf=t&sh=t&page_id=25417

http://www.no-smoke.org/document.php?id=215

According to Cancer Research UK, passive smokers are 20 to 30 per cent more likely to develop lung cancer than people not exposed to smoke, with several hundred deaths occurring as a direct result in the UK each year.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/health_news/270503smoke.html

y'all forgot all about the good effects of smoking.

This should be quite interesting. Please explain to us what these good effects are. :)

and of course, non-smokers like to think that they dont think smokers are cool, but deep down inside, you know, and we know that you know, that you think we're badasses.

:lmao: ...

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous almost to the point of insanity.

Smooch, dear, if you skipped over the last line, you missed the fact he was being satirical. Read again:

Badasses to the tar-filled, cancerous, money-wasting core!
Smooch, dear, if you skipped over the last line, you missed the fact he was being satirical. Read again:

Should have then put the sarcasm at the beginning. I don't read from the bottom up. ;)

*waiting for the 'reputation' to hit zero* :p

• Author

ok, that tells me that being exposed to second hand smoke is worse than not being exposed to second hand smoke. ummm....I get that part.

Now how is passively smoking worse than actively smoking?

Look. It'll kill you. It kills other people. Is there really a point to knowing relatively how many people it kills? I should think 20 to 30 times the risk of getting cancer would be enough to convince any sane person that it's a bad idea.

Smoking is BAD for health. Period.

I don't understand why people are wittingly (or unwittingly) attempting to *justify* it somehow... whether passive smoking is better or worse than active smoking... does it really matter? Smoking - all kinds - is BAD.

Smoking is BAD for health. Period.

I don't understand why people are wittingly (or unwittingly) attempting to *justify* it somehow... whether passive smoking is better or worse than active smoking... does it really matter? Smoking - all kinds - is BAD.

I totally agree... Smoking is BAD. ~End of Story~

Passive smoking is worse than active smoking. The main reason: Filters

Passive smokers do NOT have filters unlike active smokers. As a result, passive smokers are worse off than active smokers. The filter allows for chemicals to be filtered so that you can inhale the right chemicals and hence get that pleasant (not so pleasant really) smoke. Everyone else gets to inhale the trashy chemicals.

Chemicals range from rat poison to liquid paint. There are about 3 000 chemicals in 1 cigar.