Interested in hearing some stories about exes with huge ego that came back

Hey all! I'd like to hear some of your stories about your exes who had a very big ego, broke up with you for no serious reason (such as abuse, cheating etc but mostly they got bored and got grass is greener syndrome along the way) but later came back nocking on your door once more.

I've noticed the bigger the ego, the bigger the issue and even though it would probably be unsuccessful to give it another shot with this kind of individuals, I am indeed interested in hearing some stories! How long did it take for them to realise it was a mistake breaking up with you and how did they come back? 
Shed some light by sharing you experiences 💫

Wiseman2

It's unclear why you would even want an egomaniac in your life, no less someone who cast you aside for a shiny new toy.  You dodged a bullet. Delete and block. Permanently. 

• Like 3
  • Author
4 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It's unclear why you would even want an egomaniac in your life, no less someone who cast you aside for a shiny new toy.  You dodged a bullet. Delete and block. Permanently. 

I never said it has something to do with me, cause it doesn't. I am simply asking out of curiosity, human interest and stories I hear from friends. 

Brambling

I don't have a lot of experience dating, but I've just ended things with an online crush after 4 dates. 

I wouldn't dream of going back because there's this feeling of indecency about going back. I think you get only one shot, and I feel it's a bit shameful to ask for a second shot. 

ExpatInItaly
15 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

It's unclear why you would even want an egomaniac in your life

This. 

It would not be a mistake for such a person to end a relationship, since who would want to be with someone like this anyway? Good riddance, I'd say.

I can't think of any real-life examples of such a case, either. 

• Like 1
Acacia98

In my experience and observation, they almost always come back, but it's a half-hearted attempt: They're not really serious about reconciling. They're just looking for an ego boost, perhaps because somebody else just rejected them or they lost their job or something. The best way to deal with an ex with an oversized ego is to block them, though. That way, one doesn't waste time wondering if they'll come back or trying to figure out how to deal with them if, in fact, they reappear.

flitzanu

just because they come back doesn't mean that they believe it was a mistake.  it could just as easily be a fast way to get sex from an ex that is still hung up on them.

• Like 2
ShyViolet
On 3/10/2024 at 12:00 PM, Lisa55 said:

Hey all! I'd like to hear some of your stories about your exes who had a very big ego, broke up with you for no serious reason (such as abuse, cheating etc but mostly they got bored and got grass is greener syndrome along the way) but later came back nocking on your door once more.

This is a strange question.  It would be very foolish of someone to sit around hoping the person described above "realized it was a mistake" to break up with them.  You have to take responsibility for your decisions, and when someone makes it clear they don't care about you, you don't try to think of ways to get them back.  You say good riddance and you move on.

Weezy1973
On 3/10/2024 at 9:54 AM, Lisa55 said:

I never said it has something to do with me, cause it doesn't.

It’s a very weird question if it’s not about your own personal experience. I suspect the question has everything to do with you.

• Like 1
  • Author
5 minutes ago, Weezy1973 said:

It’s a very weird question if it’s not about your own personal experience. I suspect the question has everything to do with you.

Feel free to ignore the subject if you find it weird. No one said it is mandatory to engage in this thread. And no, I repeat it doesn't have to do with me. If it did, I would've mentioned it. It is just human curiosity because of stories I hear.  

Weezy1973
2 minutes ago, Lisa55 said:

And no, I repeat it doesn't have to do with me. 

Then why did you say this:

On 3/10/2024 at 9:00 AM, Lisa55 said:

I've noticed the bigger the ego, the bigger the issue 💫

You noticed it from your own experience? Are you attracted to people with big egos? Has someone with a big ego dumped you and you’re wanting them back? 

Wiseman2

I would want exes with huge ego to come back about as much as snuggling up to a honey badger.

BreakOnThrough

I love it when people break up, they then classify the other person as having some huge mental defect, mental illness, or personality disorder.  I always find it's more telling of the person making the accusations and then understand why the relationship more than likely didn't work out.

• Like 1
Alpacalia

Okay...

I met one ex and I found he had a huge ego and we didn't care for each other much when we first met. We ran into each other months later and long story short, my first impression of him was wrong. He was caring and beautiful. Granted, he had some very high standards that conflicted with mine and we had our fights, but overall things were good.

Now, whether this is about you or someone that you're posting for, I take it that the reason for the curiosity is because 'someone' is questioning giving it another shot... 

YOU should be asking YOURSELF.. 'do you forgive this person?' and 'are they still self-centered as before?'...... now, depending on the reply to yourself, I would venture to say you wouldn't really get the answer in posting or reading stories.