Question for the guys

Yamaha

Yamaha and gang,

I have kept in contact with the " guy friend". He is very pleasant and friendly.

Last Friday, I was out with a girlfriend that the guy friend knows. We all get along. We were at a restaurant and I called and asked if he wanted to meet us. It was about 5:00.

He was so, so happy to hear from me. He couldn't believe it. He said he would come but he had plans. He said, "Really, I would, but I have plans."

I told him to have a great weekend and he said to be careful, be safe.

I thought ok, this seems fine. So, I emailed him today to meet this weekend for a Holiday cocktail. I thought if I did it today, we would all know ahead of time and maybe could get together. It could even be during the day - not a tryst type thing - with our mutual friend or not.

No response. I know he is around - he works in my area. I called and he didn't pick up. He has his phone on 24/7.

I'm just starting to feel really stupid. Should I just let it go? What do I do if he doesn't respond at all?

I don't get this and am thinking I should just move on. I'm not angry, I just feel it's kind of rude. This guy is very hot and cold.

Let me know what you think...