Me and my boyfriend went out and somehow I got blacked out drunk and gave my number to a guy in front of him. Now he wants to end things?

cxc0742

Hi everyone, I’m new here and I came here just cause I really lost  Hope on who to go to. My boyfriend and I went out for someone’s birthday. I was completely fine drinking and remember as soon as we were going to go home we had 20 minutes left for the Uber to come within those 20 minutes. I was gone and don’t remember anything. The next morning I wake up, he tells me that I gave my number to a guy and that I said I can do whatever I want. I really have no memory of this and I am not that type of person. I love my boyfriend. I have been with him for six years, but that’s not me to give somebody my number when I am in committed relationship. I understand how he feels, but he’s not understanding that I was not in my state of mind I literally have zero memory of this. I understand if the rules were reversed I would be upset, but I will also understand that he was blacked out drunk and I never get that way and I feel like I’m in a tough situation because I want to be with him and I love him, but now he sees me differently, and I don’t know what to do otherwise. 

Wiseman2

Please get help for the binge drinking. Blackouts are a serious problem. In this case you don't even know what you did or if your BF is fabricating things. 

• Author
cxc0742

Honestly i was completely fine thru out the night. Maybe just tipsy but not to the point where i should’ve blacked out. But my bf is not understanding this and he’s very upset. Idk what to do

Wiseman2

Perhaps he's looking for an excuse to end it? But he doesn't have to. He can end it for whatever reason. Maybe he's tired of being with someone who gets too drunk. 

Please stop using being drunk as an excuse for anything from "forgetting" to whatever it is you did or didn't do. 

• Like 1
Alpacalia

There's nothing you can do other than explained what you've explained to us.

You yourself feel certain that you did not deliberately give your number, though I'm pretty sure that if your bf trust you enough then he should know you wouldn't give your number knowingly.

Leave the ball in your bf's court. Don't force it, give him time to process but in the meantime, show him how committed you are towards your relationship like how you would normally behave and show it.

• Author
cxc0742
3 minutes ago, Alpacalia said:

There's nothing you can do other than explained what you've explained to us.

You yourself feel certain that you did not deliberately give your number, though I'm pretty sure that if your bf trust you enough then he should know you wouldn't give your number knowingly.

Leave the ball in your bf's court. Don't force it, give him time to process but in the meantime, show him how committed you are towards your relationship like how you would normally behave and show it.

Thank you for the kind words. No im not a “drunk”.  We were out having a good time. It’s not my character to behave that way it just really sucks that i don’t remember but no one is understanding me

Alpacalia
1 hour ago, cxc0742 said:

Thank you for the kind words. No im not a “drunk”.  We were out having a good time. It’s not my character to behave that way it just really sucks that i don’t remember but no one is understanding me

You're very welcome! I didn't mean to imply that you have a drinking problem. 

Unfortunately,  sometimes alcohol can make a completely different person out of you.

Been there...

It takes time to get over it. It's pretty much out of your hands at the moment and it is a waiting game. I cannot think that he would be in the wrong but it doesn't make it true. I know it's hurtful atm, give it time for him to process and work on yourself in the meantime.

• Like 1