What shall I do with this friend? :o

• Author

I think what contributes to me feeling irritated is that she is showing me that she's disappointed when I don't have time for her and for me that's some kind of emotional blackmailing. One of my other friends is like this, too. He made me feel like a bad friend, because one hour of having lunch together was not enough. Well, some people do have to work... :mad:

• Author
Bad in general. I think the best way to deal with problems is to tackle them, not to dance around them. It's back to the procrastination thing ;)
Next time I will say, "I'm sorry, you're disappointed, but I really don't feel like doing xyz." I think this is ok.

I really need to be more assertive. :eek:

ReluctantRomeo
I really need to be more assertive. :eek:

Yup. But it's not difficult. And of course, you'll feel more generous when you feel less manipulated and pressured.

• Author
Yup. But it's not difficult. And of course, you'll feel more generous when you feel less manipulated and pressured.

Well, it is weird. Sometimes I'm very assertive and sometimes I'm such a wimp. :o

ReluctantRomeo
Well, it is weird. Sometimes I'm very assertive and sometimes I'm such a wimp. :o

Yeah. Why do you think that is?

• Author
Yeah. Why do you think that is?

I pity my friends somehow. I don't mind open confrontations, but all these hidden messages and needs and wants just make me uncomfortable.

ReluctantRomeo
I pity my friends somehow. I don't mind open confrontations, but all these hidden messages and needs and wants just make me uncomfortable.

Hmmm. If I think of something clever on this, I'll tell you.

And you hold your poor cat at gunpoint... :p
:lmao: Well that's not really my cat but I'm supposed to be the kitty in the picture being held at gunpoint.....maybe it's by loony's friend trying to make me bake cookies
ReluctantRomeo
:lmao: Well that's not really my cat but I'm supposed to be the kitty in the picture being held at gunpoint.....maybe it's by loony's friend trying to make me bake cookies

Scary! :lmao:

• Author

Ok, let's all stop being so wimpy, this is actually making me nervous. :bunny: