Inspired by the Contact Post recently. Should I contact her after this long?

Pfffft. That fizzle out is just the beginning of new and even greater extensions of your neck to get some sort of romance kindled with yet another girl, only to be solidly rejected, then stomped upon, and given a poop sandwhich to eat in the dark under the stairs...

it gets better. :p

Seriously, that's not all that bad of a result. Learn what you can from it, especially how you feel about it, and try again. Do not think like the Fox that could not reach the grapes.

"They were probably sour anyway."

Good luck!

I'm sure everyone here has 'fizzled out' stories. Hell, I sure do!

Look, sometimes people are interested and sometimes they're not. Sometimes they have other stuff going on.

It was NOT stupid to call her. It took guts and you should be proud of yourself!

You just need to keep taking little chances like that and something will work out for you.

Look at how many people there are on this planet! For every person here, it took two getting together. That's billions and billions of people hooking up. Don't you think at least some of them were socially awkward, shy or 'dorky'?

Of course!

Damn, in college one of the best guys I ever dated could probably have fallen into the 'dork' category. He was into magic tricks and comic books and computer stuff. He was pudgy with a big nose and freckles.

Nobody ever made me laugh so hard on a date! I really liked him a lot and we stayed friends for years afterwards....

Please don't feel about yourself. I think your post was really touching and people here were rooting for you.