Looking for online friends

Hi, 

I enjoy meeting new people online but when I look for ways to talk to people it is all about dating. I have a bf and am just looking to make friends. When I was young we used to have pen pals and I enjoyed talking to people from different places. Does anyone know of any chat or message boards where you can make an actual friend or two?

I just Googled "find online friends" and got a heap of hits, none of them were dating sites.  Change your search criteria and dive in

d0nnivain

Like life, groups having similar interests may yield friends.  Over the weekend I attended a convention where I got to meet a few people I had been chatting on line with since 2020.  Over the years I made a few online friends through a fan fiction site; I met some others through "what's happening in [location]" groups on social media.   

Alpacalia

There are platforms specifically designed for finding platonic connections. However, I must warn you that when my heterosexual female cousin joined, she encountered mostly homosexual women and men pretending to be females. There are online communities related to specific interests or hobbies. Try FB groups or CityData forum threads.