How to not act like I am still single when I am in a relationship?

I am used to being alone. So I come across as a bit selfish and don't really take others into consideration. I haven't had a real relationship for awhile. In fact my last real relationship was little more than a decade ago. I had one like couple years ago but it was only for a couple of months.

This relationship we text each other alot which is more than I am used to, but certain things I do I act like im not dating anyone. For example we both needed to get gas in the morning for our car and we left the house together and I just took off in my car because thats what I normally do. She got upset because I didn't even bother waiting for her. Another example is we at the airport and I would just grab my luggage and go forgetting about her. Or I am not as lovey dovey or taking her into consideration. Just little things like if I am out hanging with friends I wouldn't text her as much to keep her updated. Just doing things like how I am when I am single. We dated for like 6 months now. I don't do it out of malice I just am used to be alone and single so thats what I do. So trying to improve. 

Perhaps work on being more considerate. That really has nothing to do with being used to being single. 

You say that you act like you're hanging out with friends, but if you'd been on a holiday, would you just up and leave the baggage carousel without waiting for them?   If so, you may want to reconsider how you act with your friends too ;)     

With taking both your cars for gas, in that situation I don't think you really needed to travel in convoy - especially if you were ready much earlier than her, but it would have be nice to say "see you there" or "have a good day" before you leave.  

And there is absolutely no need for you to be texting her while you're out with friends.  This is your time!   The only caveat is that even though you're not living together, it's good manners to let her know you've got an event on.  And if you're seeing her afterwards, do let her know if you're going to be late.  Otherwise, put that phone down!