Holiday Plans

Liliana09

Liliana09

Been deciding on whether or not we should go away on holiday,it has been over 6 months being together and we're more than official.

But I wonder still if I should postpone for a better time,as I'm not sure I want to go on holiday this month, i have definitely thought about going away with him just  the 2 of us  for a week or so to relax and make memories though.

He wants to book  destination, accommodation and pay for everything, He keeps telling me not to worry . He said I can even choose wherever I want. He says a break would do us both good.

He said no pressure,but I can tell he thinks I don't want to spend a vacation away with him , he seemed so excited about it ,and when I responded with " well I'm not sure ", his face kind of dropped...but he tried his best to cover it . 

12 minutes ago, Liliana09 said:

I responded with " well I'm not sure ", his face kind of dropped...but he tried his best to cover it . 

Can you identify why you're uncomfortable with it?

Your post is very vague and I wonder if you were equally vague with him.  After six months together and being bf/gf, I think you owe him a proper discussion about whatever it is which is bothering you

8 hours ago, Liliana09 said:

Been deciding on whether or not we should go away on holiday,it has been over 6 months being together and we're more than official.

But I wonder still if I should postpone for a better time,as I'm not sure I want to go on holiday this month, i have definitely thought about going away with him just  the 2 of us  for a week or so to relax and make memories though.

He wants to book  destination, accommodation and pay for everything, He keeps telling me not to worry . He said I can even choose wherever I want. He says a break would do us both good.

He said no pressure,but I can tell he thinks I don't want to spend a vacation away with him , he seemed so excited about it ,and when I responded with " well I'm not sure ", his face kind of dropped...but he tried his best to cover it . 

I think it's ok to set boundaries. 6 months is still early in a relationship and for some it may still be too early to go away together on holiday. Just be clear with him you'd like to do it a bit further down the line but it's not because you don't want to, you'd just feel a bit more comfortable putting it off for a bit.

• Author
Liliana09
40 minutes ago, FredEire said:

I think it's ok to set boundaries. 6 months is still early in a relationship and for some it may still be too early to go away together on holiday. Just be clear with him you'd like to do it a bit further down the line but it's not because you don't want to, you'd just feel a bit more comfortable putting it off for a bit.

This is the main  reason why ,but also I have busy stuff going on ..and the timing isn't right. 

1 minute ago, Liliana09 said:

This is the main  reason why ,but also I have busy stuff going on ..and the timing isn't right. 

Yep, and all that's perfectly fine. So if you communicate with him openly honestly he should hopefully be understanding.

Alpacalia

If the thought of spending a whole week together is too much, why not suggest a shorter trip? That way, you can still have fun and take a break, but without feeling overwhelmed. 

• Like 1
d0nnivain

I think @Alpacalia has the right idea.  Do a long weekend away together but closer to home 1st.  Then later when the relationship is more established, you have more time and you both have a better sense of how the other one travels, then you can do a longer more elaborate trip.  

DH & I just spend a lovely long weekend away about 3 hours from home.  It still felt like a nice break.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you have busy stuff going on ..and the timing isn't right. It's ok to postpone it rather than try to squeeze in a mini vacation.

He seems to understand so rearranging things especially since you're busy will just add more stress. 

• Thanks 1