I stopped looking years ago

stillafool
On 2/14/2024 at 5:55 PM, Stret said:

I'm not even looking for many years. Not - even - looking. Not even hoping (not that I'm aware of). I'm scr*wed. I know. But I've accepted it. Life is simpler and is very full with everything else I do.

At the start of this thread you seem to have accepted that you won't have anyone in your life from the above and no you aren't screwed as long as you've made smart and sound financial decisions to take care of yourself.  So why now are you arguing with people who are basically agreeing with you?  A partner and checklists?  I thought you didn't want one.

It just strikes me that perhaps you would be more suited to a slightly or significantly older man,

A divorcee, distinguished, semi- retired gentleman who is still youthful for his age, who would be well established himself in life, and emotionally stable enough to provide the support you crave, a father figure to an extent,

I am thinking someone perhaps 15 years or so older,

I agree with you on your lack of compatibility to men with certain mental traumas or without reading the thread fully- the notion that you should leave the door open to potential partners who are on the spectrum and so on,  (Also not suggesting there is anything wrong with that- simply agreeing right enough yes- you will not be compatible with someone like that)

your main requirement will be needing someone who is very stable themselves emotionally.

a guy who is confident, will be able for you intellectually , is academic and is older,

probably that profile would increase your chances.