Fiancé hates all my friends what should I do?

Beautiful Kisses

I'm a bit late entering this discussion BK, but I have to add that all those domestic violence homicides you read and hear about all started out just like the relationship you're describing. The fact that your partner has stated that he would end his life if you left him is a huge indicator that he's capable of going to extreme lengths. The person you're describing is a very unstable individual, and I really hope you take the advice offered here and get right away from him. His behaviour isn't about love, it's about being a very weak and needy person who has to rely on another person to maintain his emotional needs and his sense of self, kind of a cross between a great big baby and a vampire. And, just like a baby, he's going to lose it when when his source of comfort leaves him, so please ensure that you deliver the message to him in a safe space with witnesses. Please take care of yourself first. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, stillafool said:

It doesn't matter that you are no longer into that or that they never were and aren't now.  I'm telling you he still views them as a threat to his marriage.  That is why he hates them and doesn't want you around them.  Of course he isn't going to come right out and tell you that, it would make him look weak.

Exactly. And this is why I advise you to not go telling him about your friend recommending that you don't marry him (or anything else your friends may say).  He knows they are a threat

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Beautiful Kisses said:

I told him it’s manipulation. I’m standing my ground 

That’s not standing your ground. That’s playing with fire. 

You want to enforce a safe and healthy boundary with this man? You leave and never talk to him again.

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 3
ShyViolet
7 hours ago, Beautiful Kisses said:

I will like to try counseling but he already said he won’t do it. He said I need to put the work in we can do it together not somebody else do it for us which makes no sense because in therapy they make you do all the work for the most part they just listen

You don't go to counseling with an abuser!!!  There is nothing to fix here.  You need to END this relationship and get AWAY from this guy.  This is not the kind of relationship that you try to "fix."

You're not responsible for his choices and his life. He's a grown adult, not your child. Whatever he chooses to do to himself, it's not your fault.

You need to leave right now.

• Like 1

Please leave this man and never look back. He is a control freak and manipulator. Don't let his crocodile tears fool you into staying. I hope you are safe and away from him by now. Maybe move if you can, or at least stay with a friend for a while.

And please tell your friends and family about his. You need their support now, more than ever.