Some things I noticed about myself --- Inconsistency and Lack of Endurance

RandallHare

How I managed to surpass past challenges lies in my passion and voracious appetite to learn new things, but somehow, these things depend so much on mood, and having bipolar disorder makes it even worse.

I simply don't have a system of habits and routine. I tried, but I struggle at keeping one. There's always a temptation here and there that breaks the cycle.

Then, the lack of endurance... I get tired easily (not physically but psychologically). I mean, I have enough energy because I work out, but I just can't keep on working. I get lazy sometimes. It's difficult. 😥 

Yes I understand where your coming from,

my own line of work I have off days or no shows where I could even just disappear walking,

a lot of my colleagues in the line of work they do are mechanical almost robotic in their approach- so I always think I chose the wrong career- one thing I am not is robotic,

then taking a metaphor from here a lot of the regular contributors are pretty level headed and wise in their posting- always in control of their emotions,

I have mixed days where some days I am feeling more steady and then other days I have wilder more random thoughts,

Anyway not offer you any solutions- more just empathising.

• Like 1
Alpacalia

How about you forgive yourself a bit for being human, for being who you are and for having conditions beyond your control?

12 hours ago, RandallHare said:

, these things depend so much on mood, and having bipolar disorder makes it even worse.

Sorry this is happening. Please check with your physician, psychiatrist and therapist to review your symptoms, energy levels and overall health and wellness.

As you know bipolar disorder is difficult to manage an often a review of symptoms, medication and treatment progress can help adjust and fine-tune things. 

In addition to regular physical fitness, consider enrolling or enlisting yourself in structured situations such as classes, groups, and other things that tend to keep things in an even keel. 

• Author
RandallHare
On 1/27/2024 at 8:02 AM, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this is happening. Please check with your physician, psychiatrist and therapist to review your symptoms, energy levels and overall health and wellness.

As you know bipolar disorder is difficult to manage an often a review of symptoms, medication and treatment progress can help adjust and fine-tune things. 

In addition to regular physical fitness, consider enrolling or enlisting yourself in structured situations such as classes, groups, and other things that tend to keep things in an even keel. 

The doctor just told me that it's okay if you fall off the cycle because it's just natural. He said I need a few changes here and there from time to time.

Weezy1973
On 1/26/2024 at 3:54 AM, RandallHare said:

. I mean, I have enough energy because I work out, but I just can't keep on working. I get lazy sometimes. It's difficult. 😥 

Everybody I know is like this. I need to take mental breaks at work. I can go hard for an hour or two but then need a break and as the day goes on need more frequent breaks. I then usually get a really productive hour at the end of the work day. This expectation that you should have super hero focus and endurance is just unrealistic whether you have bipolar disorder or not.