So called friend deleted and blocked me

I used to go to a film club and made friends with the members.

I was friends with the group organiser but we lost touch over the pandemic and I have had health issues and a bereavement.

I did avoid him at times as he was always paranoid and would try and make me feel bad. He would try and be suggestive and I shut him down as I am not interested. He did this even recently when he had a girlfriend.

Tonight he messaged me and said:

Him: Are we friends?

Me: Why do you ask?

Him: We dont interact. Your not interested in me as a person. I don't want people on my Facebook or Social media who aren't. I thought id ask you personally as we used to be close.

I sent this message then he deleted me off Facebook and blocked me on Messenger before allowing me to explain.

Me: That's harsh. When you feel bad you don't want to see people and burden people with your problems. When are you next out?

--
What is wrong with people. Because you don't message them all the time and like their posts means you are not friends? I rarely do social media. I have told him before I have health issues and went through a bereavement but he isn't bothered. I prefer to catch up in person but he isn't interested in my reasons. Wish I never responded now. A good friend of mine has never liked him and he deleted her.

Looking back he has always had mental issues. He had a drink problem and smashed a light shade and bulb at his Halloween party in anger which I saw. His fiancee at the time was a mug and was clearing up his mess. She dumped him after 2 years of marriage.

I have witnessed him have bust ups with 2 people, one he got angry and shouted and pointed in his face. They had done nothing wrong, he was paranoid.

He has had fallouts with others. He is always nasty to another friend of mine he fancies. where they fall out then make up. I realise why he created his own film social group, who wants to be friends with him.

I left his film group and deleted his number. Why do people have to be so nasty?

33 minutes ago, Angel29 said:

I did avoid him at times as he was always paranoid and would try and make me feel bad. He would try and be suggestive and I shut him down as I am not interested.

You write this about him - so it sounds as if you don't like or respect him.  But then you complain because he unfriended you.  Likewise if your friend didn't ever like him, he was right to delete her too.   I have no idea why being unfriended by someone you don't like is a problem

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Angel29 said:

Why do people have to be so nasty?

Because they're messed up. It's not your job to fix them, it's your job to avoid them and not be upset when you get rid of them. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Angel29 said:

Him: We dont interact. Your not interested in me as a person. I don't want people on my Facebook or Social media who aren't. I thought id ask you personally as we used to be close.

Sorry this happened. Please make sure to clean out your social media as well. Delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging. He seems like a troublemaker. 

• Like 1
stillafool
1 hour ago, Angel29 said:

Looking back he has always had mental issues. He had a drink problem and smashed a light shade and bulb at his Halloween party in anger which I saw. His fiancee at the time was a mug and was clearing up his mess. She dumped him after 2 years of marriage.

The way you talk about him be glad he deleted and blocked you.  He did you a favor.

• Like 2
ShyViolet

The guy was a creep from the way you describe him.  He did lots of messed up things to the point where you avoided him because he made you uncomfortable.  So why are you complaining that he unfriended you?  How is this a problem?  This is clearly someone who you should have cut out of your life and been done with anyway.

• Like 1
Alpacalia

What is upsetting you about this ex-friend exactly? He has shown little concern for your personal struggles and has reached out to you in a confrontational and accusatory manner. He doesn't think that you've been much of a good friend either so it's good to part ways.

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Angel29 said:

What is wrong with people. Because you don't message them all the time and like their posts means you are not friends?

they scenario can arise frequently- Ive been both a protagonist and a victim at different stages,

sometimes just a phone call to clear the air can eliminate a lot of negative feelings,

A guy Ive had a topsy turvy friendship with over the years he phoned me to give out that I had not wished him a happy new year,

Being honest I had my reasons but after the phone call I said what the hell why am I holding a grudge either- get over it I says to myself,

thou I will agree I think he needs to show a more conciliatory manner before you can consider extending the hand of friendship.

• Like 2