It's impossible to date in 2024 for me

As a man who does not use social media but has successfully used a dating app in the past, I suggest to you that if you are patient you would be able to find someone like me if you really hate sm so much.  I met my ex wife very quickly actually when I decided to try a dating app many years ago.

I am young enough that sm was around already when I was in school, I just choose not to get involved in it and that outlook never changed. When I was in high school I already saw the issues sm caused (it was mostly facebook back then) and decided it was just not for me.

I'm not sure what age range you are looking at but I must not be the only guy young enough to grow up with sm and still not use it? Admittedly though from my experience people of my age like me are rare and get even more rare as you go younger. 

Edited by smwia30
Weezy1973
17 hours ago, SlimShadysWife said:

. I think that I think that real, true relationships happen naturally when you're not looking....in my view and that's how I prefer it to be for me. 

And from your posts here, this strategy is clearly not working for you. Although I suspect online dating wouldn’t work for you either. Wherever you go, there you are….

On 1/18/2024 at 10:37 PM, SlimShadysWife said:

I'm not into dating sites because I'm more into meeting people naturally. I like meeting someone in person and you just click unexpectedly. Dating sites, you're already looking for a relationship.

I think this is still possible but extremely rare. I met my ex wife on a dating site but while still married I met another girl by chance the way you described. I passed on her because I was still married at the time (and passed willingly). I was never inappropriate with the girl I met by chance. To this day she is one of the most memorable people I have ever met in my life and I still sometimes think back and wonder what if my marriage had finished falling apart just a little bit earlier? There is no way of knowing but I always thought that relationship would of turned out special.

• Like 1
  • Author
SlimShadysWife
44 minutes ago, smwia30 said:

I think this is still possible but extremely rare. I met my ex wife on a dating site but while still married I met another girl by chance the way you described. I passed on her because I was still married at the time (and passed willingly). I was never inappropriate with the girl I met by chance. To this day she is one of the most memorable people I have ever met in my life and I still sometimes think back and wonder what if my marriage had finished falling apart just a little bit earlier? There is no way of knowing but I always thought that relationship would of turned out special.

It's tricky out here....

1 hour ago, smwia30 said:

I still sometimes think back and wonder what if my marriage had finished falling apart just a little bit earlier

timing can be everything

Alpacalia

Maybe consider the type of men you're interested in.

The guy that you met at the party (i.e. not through social media or dating apps) that you found yourself interested in followed tons of women so why are you surprised? So, you're not just struggling with people through datings apps but also in real life. Social media is just another platform for people to express themselves and if you don't like it then don't date those people. You're going to see a lot of things in real life you don't like and will have to filter those things too.

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
  • Author
SlimShadysWife
20 minutes ago, Alpacalia said:

Maybe consider the type of men you're interested in.

The guy that you met at the party (i.e. not through social media or dating apps) that you found yourself interested in followed tons of women so why are you surprised? So, you're not just struggling with people through datings apps but also in real life. Social media is just another platform for people to express themselves and if you don't like it then don't date those people. You're going to see a lot of things in real life you don't like and will have to filter those things too.

^^^

Bolded

I'm not struggling with people through dating apps. I've never been on a dating app. 

Alpacalia
10 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

^^^

Bolded

I'm not struggling with people through dating apps. I've never been on a dating app. 

I am saying that you're having the same issue with men offline too so maybe consider the type of men you're interested in. There are many men out there who don't follow or interact with tons of women on social media. It's not fair to generalize and lump all men into the same category. Maybe look for qualities in a man that go beyond their social media presence.

• Like 1
  • Author
SlimShadysWife
51 minutes ago, Alpacalia said:

I am saying that you're having the same issue with men offline too so maybe consider the type of men you're interested in. There are many men out there who don't follow or interact with tons of women on social media. It's not fair to generalize and lump all men into the same category. Maybe look for qualities in a man that go beyond their social media presence.

I think I'm set.

Thanks everyone for your POV. 

9 hours ago, SlimShadysWife said:

I think I'm set.

Thanks everyone for your POV. 

Wow, so you went from "impossible to date in 2024" to being "set"? Great, happy this thread was so helpful to you. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1