does my former boss like me? UPDATED

I feel like my former boss likes me or i can be reading too much into it. She recently left but there were some signs at least to me that made me think she was into me.

When she told me she was leaving we talked for a while, and a few times she said she's going to miss me. another time she showed me pictures of when her family came to visit. she commented on my hair one time asking how I wore it when I literally just use a generic plastic band. she was always laughing at my jokes, saying one time i was the funniest person she's met. there was one time i was just doing my thing and had my arms just normally hanging by my side, then she comes up to me, grabs my hand and adjusts it to high five her own. she invited me to karaoke with a few other colleagues and the way she said it seemed like she was personally inviting me, it's happening next weekend. last night i actually ran into her as i was getting out, we talked for a few minutes and she asked if i was still down for karaoke. i also got her number to teach her chess.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
merged threads
12 minutes ago, ikonik said:

, we talked for a few minutes and she asked if i was still down for karaoke. i also got her number to teach her chess

It seems like she likes you but more as a friend. See what happens at karaoke. Have fun. 

• Author
25 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It seems like she likes you but more as a friend. See what happens at karaoke. Have fun. 

why as a friend?

Alpacalia

Go for karoke with her and see what happens. Are you a decent singer? If yes, this can be a plus point. If you DO have a thing for her, ask her to have a meal together or to meet you at some coffee shop. One thing I realized is that body language can also convey a lot so pay attention to how she acts when she's next to you. If she seems nervous or fidgety or there's a lot of eye contact that's a good sign. Just take things easy and be yourself.

• Author
7 minutes ago, Alpacalia said:

Go for karoke with her and see what happens. Are you a decent singer? If yes, this can be a plus point. If you DO have a thing for her, ask her to have a meal together or to meet you at some coffee shop. One thing I realized is that body language can also convey a lot so pay attention to how she acts when she's next to you. If she seems nervous or fidgety or there's a lot of eye contact that's a good sign. Just take things easy and be yourself.

I  am terrible at singing. i do have a thing for her but I never was able to make it obvious since she was my boss.

Alpacalia
19 minutes ago, ikonik said:

I  am terrible at singing. i do have a thing for her but I never was able to make it obvious since she was my boss.

That's okay. So am I (haha). Have fun regardless. It's good that you were professional and respectful towards your boss. Maybe now that she's no longer your boss, you can try to show your interest in subtle ways or simply focus on being friends first. Good luck! 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

i thought al the signs were there... she was always laughing at my jokes, said i was the funniest person she's met. there was some physical contact, touching me on my arm . one time she came up to me as i was doing my thing and had my arms to my side, and she took my hand and adjusted in order to high five hers. on one of her last days as my boss she invited me to karaoke with a group, but the way she said it sounded like she was personally inviting me. one time she wanted to grab a bite to eat before karaoke then we could go, to me that was pretty much a date invite.. we started playing chess, one time she suggested to play at midnight since i didn't get off until 10pm then wouldn't get back till then, which is kind of suspect if you have a bf why are you willing to call some other guy at midnight. then last night she says 'i'm helping my bf with a case we can play then!' 'tomorrow im going to such and such mall, maybe we can go one day.'

i am very confused right now.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:20 AM, ikonik said:

i thought al the signs were there... 'i'm helping my bf with a case we can play then!' '

Sorry this happened but at least you're clear on where she stands. There weren't really any "signs" of anything except friendliness, but sometimes we see what we want to see. 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
merged thread
d0nnivain

She tiptoed over the inappropriate boundary by giving you mixed signals.   However, no matter what they say or do, if somebody you fancy mentions a SO assume it's a no go, non-starter.  

Sorry.  

• Like 1
Alpacalia

Well, now you know. It's good you went ahead. You don't ever have to think "what if" again.

The inviting you to play chess at midnight, yes, sorry, that does seem a little subtly flirtatious. However, some people don't mind flirting as long as they're not crossing any real lines. 

Edited by Alpacalia
Weezy1973

She crossed many lines. It’s possible she’s interested in cheating on her boyfriend, so floated that to you to see how you’d react. Most folks would mention a significant other early to make sure there was no misunderstanding, but she seemed to do things to get you “hooked” and then float she had a boyfriend later. Yes, seems suspect…

She sounds conniving and manipulative. She has a partner, so I'd back right off and let her find someone else to play chess with. 

• Like 1

It's possible she is looking at you as an option when she opts out of her relationship. Not sure if you want to be an orbiter.

• Author
On 1/26/2024 at 12:58 PM, Weezy1973 said:

She crossed many lines. It’s possible she’s interested in cheating on her boyfriend, so floated that to you to see how you’d react. Most folks would mention a significant other early to make sure there was no misunderstanding, but she seemed to do things to get you “hooked” and then float she had a boyfriend later. Yes, seems suspect…

i mean i figured she didn't bring it up because we were colleagues and she didn't feel comfortable enough with me yet to bring up her personal life. or she wanted to keep her personal and professional life seperate.

Edited by ikonik
2 minutes ago, ikonik said:

i mean i figured she didn't bring it up because we were colleagues and she wanted to keep her personal and professional life seperate.

Agree. As the boss she has to be sort of a team leader and personable to everyone, yet professional.

This is why she asked you to join along with a group and did absolutely nothing inappropriate. Sorry you're disappointed, but sometimes crushes can be misread.

• Like 1