Is this the type of guy to stay away from?

SlimShadysWife

I was away on vacation for the holidays, stayed with family. During that time I met my cousins other side of the family. 

One in particular, one of my family members pointed out to me that one guy kept watching every move I made- she seemed annoyed by it. This guy is from my cousins other side of the family. If I would get up and use the washroom, he would watch me, if I made a plate of food, he would watch me, my family member pointed it out to me.... after that i looked out for it and I noticed him doing it. I would put on my shoes on, its like he would observe how i did things. If I wasn't in the same room he would come in look around, see if I was in the room and then walk back out. He is extremely quiet and shy, but I did realize all the times he did try to make small talk with me and I would give him one worded replies and walk away. I actually started taking interest in him... but I had to do some FBI work first.

I looked at his social media. Looked at his following hundreds of thousands of very pretty girls, alot scandalous in the way they dress. But the biggest red flag for me, he has his "liked" videos on private. I also noticed some of his posts was subliminal for me. Does he sound like a future headache?

23 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

I also noticed some of his posts was subliminal for me

Can you explain this a bit more please? Overall he sounds a little creepy, like he was sizing you up as prey :). If you were interested in him why didn't you engage in conversation when he spoke to you? 

• Author
SlimShadysWife
20 minutes ago, MsJayne said:

Can you explain this a bit more please? Overall he sounds a little creepy, like he was sizing you up as prey :). If you were interested in him why didn't you engage in conversation when he spoke to you? 

I noticed he posted homourous/funny memes and videos of ways he was acting towards me the day after and how he "fumbled", alot of things that related to the night before with a girl. And how we should date and see how everyone would react (our family).

I didn't engaged in convo with him because I was too unsure of myself. There was once he asked me what I was drinking and I told him nothing, to make me whatever he was drinking, he made it, then walked away. I was trying to break the ice

We are both awkward. Which he notices too because he posted something about it. I was told by our mutual family that he's very shy and quiet.

Edited by SlimShadysWife
52 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

Which he notices too because he posted something about it.

I dunno. Is a guy who does a lot of looking and liking of hot chicks on the internet, (spends a lot of time jerking off), stares at you at a family gathering but barely speaks to you and then "subliminally" communicates through memes, (is socially inept), really what you're looking for? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SlimShadysWife said:

I was told by our mutual family that he's very shy and quiet.

I can't help thinking this doesn't tell you much about him. It's just a surface observation.

Do you know someone else who actually knows something about him and can tell you whether he's empathetic or cruel or insightful or shallow or generous or entitled etc. If he has dated before, it might be to your advantage to know how he treated his girlfriend.

• Author
SlimShadysWife
14 minutes ago, Acacia98 said:

I can't help thinking this doesn't tell you much about him. It's just a surface observation.

Do you know someone else who actually knows something about him and can tell you whether he's empathetic or cruel or insightful or shallow or generous or entitled etc. If he has dated before, it might be to your advantage to know how he treated his girlfriend.

Kind of, our mutual cousin. Says hes quiet and shy, he just graduated uni. My cousin also said he does whatever his parents tell him. He's the type that's really into video games. I noticed a couple months ago he posted a meme that for the new year that he would stop going over and beyond for people....which I experienced from him. I asked him at the party because I was drinking, if he can drive somewhere for me to pick me up something, and he was more than happy to do it, and he did- that's when it started taking a liking to him.

Honestly I don't really know much and I don't want to ask my family because I don't want to stir anything. 

I just know most of the people he follows on tik tok are women. And something is off putting about that.

Edited by SlimShadysWife
6 hours ago, SlimShadysWife said:

I would give him one worded replies and walk away. I actually started taking interest in him... 

Has he asked you out or is he just a creepy ogler? 

Alpacalia

Be careful, you might end up drinking sangria together while listening to music that you both mutually enjoy and then hours later you'll stare into each others eyes while 7 strings of saliva drool down your faces.

• Author
SlimShadysWife
4 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Has he asked you out or is he just a creepy ogler? 

Just an ogler. 

Just now, SlimShadysWife said:

Just an ogler. 

Ok. Even though he did you a favor, he seems a bit creepy so hopefully you can avoid him. 

• Author
SlimShadysWife
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. Even though he did you a favor, he seems a bit creepy so hopefully you can avoid him. 

A lot of people stare at me though even women. Actually all types.

Edited by SlimShadysWife

You were away on vacation.......how far away? I think there is no point analyzing this if the guy lives 3000km away. 

NuevoYorko

This is a stranger who you met one time while away from your home.  From your description there was not any interaction between you aside from his ogling which evidently you would not have noticed had it not been brought to your attention.

From there you went on a super intense dive into all of his social media habits.

You say you're interested in him.   I guess there is only one thing to do:  get to know him.   Then you can find out whether he's a weirdo or not.

• Author
SlimShadysWife

Just looked at his tik tok again and he just followed three more girls. What a simp, he sees a attractive girl and he goes all googly eyed....so weak. Plus a man having social media, and dating profiles ha been a deal breaker for me.

Why are some men like this? 

His brother is better, his following is really high, but he's only following 50 people and from what I see it's family. Seems like he has standards- I like that.

Edited by SlimShadysWife
  • Author
SlimShadysWife
1 hour ago, Gaeta said:

You were away on vacation.......how far away? I think there is no point analyzing this if the guy lives 3000km away. 

It's not a problem for me.

29 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

Just looked at his tik tok again and he just followed three more girls. What a simp, he sees a attractive girl and he goes all googly eyed....so weak. Plus a man having social media, and dating profiles ha been a deal breaker for me.

Why are some men like this? 

His brother is better, his following is really high, but he's only following 50 people and from what I see it's family. Seems like he has standards- I like that.

Because he is not very emotionally mature. Some younger men need years to reach adulthood in their head. 

If he's single and looking I don't see anything wrong with having a dating profile, that's how people meet nowadays. As for following hot girls this is something I would have 0 tolerance for. I would not date him. 

• Author
SlimShadysWife
2 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

Because he is not very emotionally mature. Some younger men need years to reach adulthood in their head. 

If he's single and looking I don't see anything wrong with having a dating profile, that's how people meet nowadays. As for following hot girls this is something I would have 0 tolerance for. I would not date him. 

Tik tok, and instagram is also used as a dating site, thats why I'm so put off by it. It looks like he is using it to meet girls.

I know it's hard to find someone who doesn't have social media especially people in their 20s, I would have less of an issue with it if he was more like his brother with it.

2 hours ago, SlimShadysWife said:

It's not a problem for me.

Of course, it could be a problem for him.    And why did you set him up in the story as being a creepy with his staring when apparently everyone stares at you?  He's apparently no different to anyone else

At any rate, I can't see that he's overtly expressed interest in you.  

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2
Alpacalia

I have liked bookmarks saved as private. They're quotes and content I find relatable or inspiring from inspiring people, random posts I come across and like.. that's pretty much it. Look, this is one interaction you've had that maybe lasted a few minutes just based on observation and no one-on-one interaction. Honestly do what you want but please, just don't embarrass yourself by accusing someone of sunlight glimmer. He’s curious about you and that's it. If you're interested in him, then talk to him and see where things go. Don't make assumptions or jump to conclusions based on a few observations. If you get the ickies from someone, then it probably won't workout and you should move on. But, if you find yourself curious to what's there, then take the risk. The worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work out.

stillafool
4 hours ago, SlimShadysWife said:

A lot of people stare at me though even women. Actually all types.

Why is that, is something wrong with you physically?

• Author
SlimShadysWife
2 minutes ago, Alpacalia said:

I have liked bookmarks saved as private. They're quotes and content I find relatable or inspiring from inspiring people, random posts I come across and like.. that's pretty much it. Look, this is one interaction you've had that maybe lasted a few minutes just based on observation and no one-on-one interaction. Honestly do what you want but please, just don't embarrass yourself by accusing someone of sunlight glimmer. He’s curious about you and that's it. If you're interested in him, then talk to him and see where things go. Don't make assumptions or jump to conclusions based on a few observations. If you get the ickies from someone, then it probably won't workout and you should move on. But, if you find yourself curious to what's there, then take the risk. The worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work out.

I googled what sunlight glimmer in this context means and couldn't find anything, clarification please :)?

4 hours ago, SlimShadysWife said:

A lot of people stare at me 

Ok he's a creepy ogler but you seem to be wondering if he's into you? 

Alpacalia

A title of "future headache" is a bit harsh and judgmental based solely on what you have observed. Some men like to observe and observe how people did things, it is just our innate nature.

Secondly, being shy and quiet is not a fault nor a red flag, it is just his personality. It is possible that they may not even be for you at all. Having said that...

I did date a man briefly a few years ago that while we were at a party, he stared at me the entire evening. It was not a creepy type of stare, more of a beaming smile and couldn't take his eyes off of me. His stare left an imprint on my mind. He carried himself with a quiet confidence and I had no idea he was interested in me. When I was out again and he approached me, we dated for a short while but in the end he was a bit of a player but a wonderful experience while it lasted.😛

• Author
SlimShadysWife
2 hours ago, stillafool said:

Why is that, is something wrong with you physically?

No

• Author
SlimShadysWife
1 hour ago, Alpacalia said:

A title of "future headache" is a bit harsh and judgmental based solely on what you have observed. Some men like to observe and observe how people did things, it is just our innate nature.

Secondly, being shy and quiet is not a fault nor a red flag, it is just his personality. It is possible that they may not even be for you at all. Having said that...

I did date a man briefly a few years ago that while we were at a party, he stared at me the entire evening. It was not a creepy type of stare, more of a beaming smile and couldn't take his eyes off of me. His stare left an imprint on my mind. He carried himself with a quiet confidence and I had no idea he was interested in me. When I was out again and he approached me, we dated for a short while but in the end he was a bit of a player but a wonderful experience while it lasted.😛

So are you saying it's no biggie that he follows all these girls? To not be so judgey ?

Him putting his liked posts on private is so sketch considering the girls he follows. I'm putting two and two together.

Edited by SlimShadysWife