Is being called a weirdo by a guy good or bad?

My male friend who I hang out with and chat with sometimes called me a weirdo today 😆 I replied with ‘I am’ to which he replied ‘you are’ is this a good sign or a bad sign if someone thinks you’re weird? 

Wiseman2
12 minutes ago, Alphaba said:

My male friend who I hang out with and chat with sometimes called me a weirdo today 😆 I replied with ‘I am’ to which he replied ‘you are’ is this a good sign or a bad sign if someone thinks you’re weird? 

If you two kid around a lot it seems like friendly banter. Is this the same man?:

What was the context of the conversation? 'Wierdo' isn't usually aimed as an insult, it's usually more an acknowledgement that you're quirky and outside the box, and there's nothing wrong with that. 

• Author

We were talking about a mutual acquaintance who is known to be a very strange individual, I joked that me and him were best mates and that’s when he said weirdo 😆

• Author
18 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

If you two kid around a lot it seems like friendly banter. Is this the same man?

Yeah

Alpacalia
43 minutes ago, Alphaba said:

You can freely throw around the term “weirdo” when conversing with those who hold a special place in your heart, like your siblings or dear comrades, and in laid-back discussions. Do you embrace your inner weirdo?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author

Ha ha I certainly do! I think most people regard me as a bit different. I don’t spose I mind really 😆

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alphaba said:

We were talking about a mutual acquaintance who is known to be a very strange individual, I joked that me and him were best mates and that’s when he said weirdo 😆

So you're accepting of people who are different. In a world where there's way too much judgement and intolerance it's nice that some of us just accept others without having to be told to do so. Plus it definitely was said as a term of endearment :)  

• Like 1
Alpacalia
9 minutes ago, Alphaba said:

Ha ha I certainly do! I think most people regard me as a bit different. I don’t spose I mind really

So I take it your house is not filled with Ikea furniture then?🤗

• Author

No… definitely not my taste. My furniture’s mostly second hand, quirky bits that no one else wanted 😆

• Like 1
SlimShadysWife

If you aren't bantering back and forth then his comment is not that serious.

If he stops talking to you, then you know.

If it is said with a smile, all right. If not, well, who knows?

Weirdo is NOT a compliment where I come from. Derogatory, nasty.

if you think someone is normal, you dont know them well enough. (Because they are not.) Usually.

• Like 1
Alpacalia
38 minutes ago, LuckyM said:

If it is said with a smile, all right. If not, well, who knows?

Weirdo is NOT a compliment where I come from. Derogatory, nasty.

if you think someone is normal, you dont know them well enough. (Because they are not.) Usually.

Clearly you missed the part where she is comfortable with her inner weirdo.