Am I overthinking?

Happy new years everybody!

Am I overthinking? Me and my friend Nivek (false name) were going to celebrate New years eve together with our friends at he’s big sister apartment. We talked about it beforehand. I told him that I’m coming after 18:00 because my brother has birthday. He told me that he’d be at he’s sister apartment early. That’s why I never heard from him while I was at my brothers birthday, cause he was prob busy playing games with the people there or something.

When I called him to say that I’m on my way he said meet me at this bus stop but he did not show up. He was sitting in a car with other friend to find me.. the guy that drove the car went the wrong way and it was just a difficult time to find me and we used up alot of times. I had to stand there freezing my ass off. Eventually I found the place but I had to facetime Nivek and he’s little sister guided me to place. They were thinking to pick me up with a car but it did not work our because they could not find their way to find me.

I thought my friend Nivek would know he’s way to he’s sister apartment but he told me that he never takes the bus there so he does not know the way by walking. I told them that it was «bad planning» from their side. I feel like I was right to be upset about the situation

From what I know Nivek lives with he’s little sister, brother and he’s Mom. None of then have the driver license but it could be that he’s bigger sister who lives on her own has a car and drives their family to her and back home. I’m not sure but it’s possible Nivek is lying but either way if he is lying or  or I think I should not call him out on that. 

Later when we came up I told him AGAIN that I was this late because of my brothers birthday party and he said he forgot. It bothers me and I think I have the right to be upset about the situation.

Was I overreacting or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Edited by Keeves1
Left out some details
d0nnivain

You are right to be annoyed.  But it's not a friendship ending issue.  He screwed up but you got there eventually.   It happens.   Two years ago I was meeting my cousin at a restaurant for her birthday in NYC.  I didn't know exactly where the place was even though I had the address.  It was pouring rain.  She was in a car with her mom, my aunt & we were also trying to find each other which didn't work out well either. I actually found the place before I found them; they drove around the block 2x looking for me.  All in all it was a p.i.t.a. for everybody.  None of that meant they didn't care about me; it was just the situation.  

Store this info  about your friend's lack of direction & going forward use navigation apps on your phone in advance with him to make sure you both know where you are going.  

• Thanks 1
  • Author
8 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

You are right to be annoyed.  But it's not a friendship ending issue.  He screwed up but you got there eventually.   It happens.   Two years ago I was meeting my cousin at a restaurant for her birthday in NYC.  I didn't know exactly where the place was even though I had the address.  It was pouring rain.  She was in a car with her mom, my aunt & we were also trying to find each other which didn't work out well either. I actually found the place before I found them; they drove around the block 2x looking for me.  All in all it was a p.i.t.a. for everybody.  None of that meant they didn't care about me; it was just the situation.  

Store this info  about your friend's lack of direction & going forward use navigation apps on your phone in advance with him to make sure you both know where you are going.  

THANKU!!

Wiseman2
6 hours ago, Keeves1 said:

. He was sitting in a car with other friend to find me.. the guy that drove the car went the wrong way and it was just a difficult time to find me 

It seems like a miscommunication and misunderstanding. They did get in car to find you.  Do you have map apps on your phone?

Perhaps next time make sure where you are going and where the bus stops are in relation to your destination. You're angry at them for sitting in the car driving all over looking for you?