Tinder guy

Sofia2002

A month ago I met a really cute guy on tinder. We talked for two days and he seemed into me. He asked me for my insta, he responded quickly, asked me questions etc. Then he just ghosted me but I saw through his stories that he was in the army for a training. Maybe he couldn't have a phone there or for some other reason but I just let it go. A few days ago he finished his training and has started seeing my stories again and he liked two of them. Should I text him first? Or should I wait to see if he texts me?

15 minutes ago, Sofia2002 said:

A month ago I met a really cute guy on tinder. We talked for two days and he seemed into me. He asked me for my insta, he responded quickly, asked me questions etc. Then he just ghosted 

Have you set up a date to meet in person? Try contacting him and suggesting getting a coffee or drink. If there's no reply just delete and block. 

2 hours ago, Sofia2002 said:

A month ago I met a really cute guy on tinder. We talked for two days and he seemed into me. He asked me for my insta, he responded quickly, asked me questions etc. Then he just ghosted me but I saw through his stories that he was in the army for a training. Maybe he couldn't have a phone there or for some other reason but I just let it go. A few days ago he finished his training and has started seeing my stories again and he liked two of them. Should I text him first? Or should I wait to see if he texts me?

If he’s already ghosting, I wouldn’t bother with him anymore. And if he’s in the army, you’re going to have a hard time scheduling meeting. Men in the army travel a lot and have very busy schedules. What are you hoping to get out of this? A relationship? Friends? Fwb? Hookup?

You can text if you like but he's already proven unreliable so be careful about trusting him too much.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, HeyHey22 said:

If he’s already ghosting, I wouldn’t bother with him anymore. And if he’s in the army, you’re going to have a hard time scheduling meeting. Men in the army travel a lot and have very busy schedules. What are you hoping to get out of this? A relationship? Friends? Fwb? Hookup?

Try not to look at it as when you two have never met in person yet as 'ghosting'. It could simply be that he was busy with army training and couldn't respond. If he is still interested in you, he will likely reach out and if not, then it's okay to move on. If he has been consistent with communication it's fine to suggest going out. But that hasn't been the case here.

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Sofia2002 said:

A month ago I met a really cute guy on tinder.

Really cute guys like really cute girls have a lot of options.  I would keep it moving and not look back if he's not contacting you.

• Like 2

If a guy doesn't communicate to you he will be busy or doesn't set up a date right away....he's a time waster like this dude. Put him on ignore and move on. 

• Like 1

Yeah I am wondering if these men on dating apps say they're in the army to say oh I've been mia because I am on a shhh mission for the army lol.

• Like 2