Girlfriend forgave me for sending sketchy messages; I don't know if I deserve it.

perincomporableoften

2 hours ago, bloomingcat8451 said:

Yeah you hit on it well. I might have had a small inkling of "maybe not a good idea" in the moment but my brain overrode it pretty quickly. I wouldn't say I was oblivious, but I definitely was not fully in control. I felt like I had to see the impulse through, in other words. If I was sober I would have fought that urge successfully. 

You're fine. Are you happy in your relationship otherwise?

You think you cheated just because you looked at someone's instagram story?  You can't be serious?  If your girlfriend intentionally makes you feel guilty about doing something so small and meaningless then I would say that your relationship is unhealthy.  Looking at someone's Instagram is not "cheating".  That is completely ridiculous.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bloomingcat8451 said:

my brain overrode it pretty quickly.. If I was sober I would have fought that urge successfully. 

Do you feel the issue is the extreme definition of "cheating" (even thinking someone is attractive, having sexual thoughts, etc) or that you have issues with drinking?