I am not sure what to do.

I've been in a LDR for 6 months now. My boyfriend hardly communicates with me, it mostly happens on weekends when he has it off from work , like if he's going to be busy that day he won't tell me I just assume he is busy and I won't won't hear from him for 12 plus hours. When I do hear from him it's a "hey how are you". I've tried talking to him about and nothing changes. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm overreacting. Am I asking too much to let me know that he's going to be busy that day? 

9 minutes ago, Savcy said:

I've been in a LDR for 6 months now. My boyfriend hardly communicates with me. I've tried talking to him about and nothing changes. 

How do you know each other? How far apart are you? How often do you see each other in person? Why is it long distance? Are either of you away for school or work? When is the next time you will see each other in person? Are either of you in other local relationships? 

If he hardly communicates with you when he's off from work, sorry to say but he's barely interested in you.  Break up with him and find a new boyfriend.  You've talked to him and he isn't improving so he obviously doesn't care.

In the 1990s I had an LDR BF.  We survived on snail mail letters, 1 phone call for 1 hour on Wednesday nights (long distance was expensive back then) and a 1 week visit every 3-4 months.  I have trouble understanding people who need to be in touch 24/7 who panic when their SO is out of touch for more than a few hours. 

Not everybody is glued to their device all the time.  Does he have a job where phone usage is discouraged?  

I get it.  Now we have the ability to be in constant touch so people expect that. Ask him to make sure you two touch based more often.  

If he's unwilling or unable to meet your needs, since communication is all you have in an LDR, you may have to rethink whether you want to continue. 

• Like 1

Interesting, I was also in a long-distance relationship in late 80s and early 90s. My gf and I both got the $100 a month unlimited calling plan after 8 p.m. or so (back in the old days). We talked on the phone either every day (or six days out of seven for a good hour. And it was soothing and usually relaxing.  She'd be cooking and she's talk.

She was in graduate school at the time. I would hear about her courses, her dog, whatever, our future plans for trips and visiting each other.  I'd come home from work and I'd tell her about work. It was amazing how good we got at these calls. 

You need to dump this guy. People in a long-distance relationship need to talk at the very minimum once a day. And with short texting added in. 

Even a single message constitutes contact, and there are times when individuals require a day for themselves, their own "me time." 

How often do you normally speak or see each other? How frequent were the texts? I get that not everyone needs daily communication! Receiving a text or two is fine, but some individuals send dozens and anticipate a response every time. When you're already juggling a bunch of uncontrollable obligations, or just need to unload from work, it feels different when something meant to bring joy starts feeling like an added obligation.

I’m not trying to discourage you but will this new dynamic give you what you need?

• Like 1