do I like her and does she like me more than a friend?

I’ve been very confused about my feelings for the last two years and I don’t know what to do.
I’m a girl and I met my best friend (also a girl) seven years ago at high school. I feel like since the beginning she always was the closest one to me. And for the first five years I didn’t really see anything else than a best friend in her. But at one moment about two years ago, we were together and had a really great time, literally dying from laughter. She was saying something to me and suddenly I had a feeling like I wanted to kiss her. I’ve never felt that kind of thing before with anyone. It was such a strange situation, and the energy in the room got really tense but like in a good way. And I think she felt something too. We never talked about it but since then I feel like I developed some feelings for her, to this day I’m not even sure what it is, I just can’t tell if it’s love or something else. And I’m not sure whether she’s got some feelings for me or not, because I feel like she’s giving me some sings but I don’t know if she means it or is just being silly🤪 For example she said to me one time she doesn’t really like hugs or touches, but when we are together, she puts her head on my shoulder pretty often. Sometimes she calls me pet names. Or we watch TikToks together in one bed and we always find a way to touch the other one somehow. And I like it and not gonna lie, I always want her to do something but I don’t understand the feeling, it’s like my brain is not able to admit I might actually be in love with her. We also often have kind of deep conversations together and I think we are just very comfortable with each other. Neither of us had a relationship yet so the conversations very often include this topic. Then there was one particular moment that really got me thinking. We watched some stupid TikTok video together and someone said there „one of your contacts secretly likes you” and she said „that will probably be me” and in my head I was like what the hell did she just say. So I looked at her and she said „it’s true” or something like that. Then the conversation about this ended but I can’t stop thinking about that ever since. She said it in kind of an unserious way so I’m not sure whether she meant it or not, but would you say this to someone who is just your friend and nothing else? Cause I wouldn’t. There were many situations that made me think that she might like me but I’m not sure. 

I’m just so confused and my mind is such a mess already. I don’t know whether what I feel is love or not. And whether she likes me or not. Asking for advice here because the only person I would feel comfortable with to talk about this kind of thing is her, but I obviously can’t do it, or don’t wanna do it just yet😭

I don’t know how old you both are but assuming you’re both in your early 20s now. You’ll have to weigh the consequences of how this affects your friendship. Do you like her better as a friend or a romantic interest? Sometimes we may have romantic feelings for someone but still prefer them as platonic friends only. 

It sounds like you have good rapport and enjoy each others’ company. She’s been hinting she likes you as more than a friend and I doubt she’d flip out or react poorly if you told her how you felt. Ask her if she wants to go on a date as more than friends and see what she says.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bobik said:

. Neither of us had a relationship yet so the conversations very often include this topic. 

Have you two talked about dating, boys, relationships and sexuality in general? Do either of you feel you may be bi or lesbian? Why not talk about it? 

• Like 1

People on the internet can't discern how you feel, if you are lesbian, bi or just curious.   Have you had BFs?  Do you only think about women?  

You may want to gently probe her for her views on her own sexuality.  Pick a hot actress when you are watching something & comment on her looks.  See what your friend says / does

• Like 1