Hi everyone, I am a teen male.
My cheeks are always, to some degree, rosy. I'm never really warm or anything, I just have red cheeks. One of my female friends assumed I was always blushing around her, and I was a little surprised when I said they're just always red.  

They've always kinda been an insecurity of mine, since middle school. Does anyone have something similar, and any advice?

• Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, central said:

You may have rosacea. Ask your doctor or see a dermatologist.

41 minutes ago, glows said:

I’d see your doctor. First thought is rosacea as well but only your doctor should be determining this so try booking an appt. 

I've been to the derm a couple of times. I brought it up with them, and they said it was due to genetics.
Thanks btw!

Edited by RedFox1011
2 hours ago, RedFox1011 said:

. One of my female friends assumed I was always blushing around her, and I was a little surprised when I said they're just always red. 

Does it run in your family? Do you have a crush on her? It seems like she has a crush on you and was testing that out by implying you're blushing around her.

• Author
2 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Does it run in your family? Do you have a crush on her? It seems like she has a crush on you and was testing that out by implying you're blushing around her.

My mom and siblings have rosy cheeks. 
We don't have feelings towards one another (at least don't have any), we only talked when we were at school during lunch and 2 classes.

• Author
5 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Have you got British heritage?  If so, this complexion is not all uncommon...just look at Prince Harry

I'm mainly German and Irish!

2 minutes ago, RedFox1011 said:

I'm mainly German and Irish!

Ah, then if there's no medical cause, it's your Irish heritage.  You may as well just own it!

• Author
43 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Ah, then if there's no medical cause, it's your Irish heritage.  You may as well just own it!

So I'm guessing nothing can be done for my rosy cheeks? Guess I'll continue to dress as Pikachu for Halloween then 😢

1 minute ago, RedFox1011 said:

So I'm guessing nothing can be done for my rosy cheeks? Guess I'll continue to dress as Pikachu for Halloween then 😢

😅  Or perhaps a cockatiel?   You have a great sense of humour 

I'm German and Irish too (also Persian).

I used to have rosacea pretty bad at one point. On my cheeks mainly. One time, I had what looked like a ringworm around my mouth from it and it was quite unnerving and worse it was super painful. I realize that's not what you have but both your condition and my condition are genetic. I was a bit older than you and the only thing that helped was medication. I tried topical gels first but it didn't help in the least.

Discuss with your parents and explore solutions together if it's something that's troubling you.

2 hours ago, RedFox1011 said:

Don't change a thing. This girl may have a crush on you. 

We all have things we don't particularly like about our appearance. I think the issue here is not so much your rosy cheeks, but your friend's apparent lack of manners. It's extremely rude to draw attention to another person's appearance. 

• Like 1

Just keep doing your thing. You will not have a bad life or a bad dating life because you have rosy cheeks. Don't assume that that girl telling you she thought you were blushing is someone who dislikes you. We all have physical quirks of one form or another. 

• Author
5 hours ago, MsJayne said:

We all have things we don't particularly like about our appearance. I think the issue here is not so much your rosy cheeks, but your friend's apparent lack of manners. It's extremely rude to draw attention to another person's appearance. 

She never meant it in a rude way. I talked to her about my derm visit for my red cheeks. She apologized after I said I hate them lol.

• Like 1

Hi, I have something similar and understand where you're coming from.
I'm 25 and I have rosy cheeks. I'm fair skinned, so they are very noticeable on my face. When I was younger, I was soo self-conscious about them to the point I stopped socializing altogether. All I could think about when talking to people is how red my cheeks are, resulting in me blushing and going even more red. During high school, I stopped caring about them, and tried to see them more as a feature rather than a problem. From the people I've dated, all of them said they love my red cheeks, it's a very attractive trait to most people. It's all about the mindset, and try to accept them for who you are. Hope this helps

• Like 1