I (18 M) cut off an ex/friend (18 F) wondering if it was the right decision.

dependent track 98

dependent track 98

Me and my ex broke up a couple of weeks ago after a two-year-long relationship. I am (18M) and she is also (18F). After a bit of no contact, we decided to get in touch again and we started talking like friends and we connected so well like we did before we broke up. She said she was willing to give it a try again, and she would come over to celebrate my birthday with my parents and meet them and talk with them. We decided to ease the tensions, we would hang out the Friday before Tuesday (My birthday). In that, she was conflicted about seeing me, and after getting her food and stuff, she still seemed pretty conflicted/annoyed that this was happening. She would call me later that night and explain that she wouldn't make a decision now because she was stressed with work and her emotions were uncalled for. We would continue to call ourselves nicknames and such like "sweetheart" and "Love" but just last week there has been a deficit of response. She would completely cut out nicknames for a bit, acting like a total stranger and then continuing to use them whenever I was in pain. (I am suffering from a lung infection which is leading to a surgery in a few weeks) Every time I would bring up being in pain she would use these nicknames that incite a feeling of love behind it, and every time she would reassure me it would be in the same way she would when we were dating. But recently, she's distancing herself from me and every time I would text her I would have to wait at least 2-3 hours to get a response which sucks because I know she gets them because I see her active on Snapchat. I felt almost led on to the point where I knew getting this little of affection or attention from even a friend made me want to cut it off. But I would still ask to call, and she would give me no attention while we were on the phone, texting her friends and even getting annoyed at me when I asked her questions. I had no contact for a day yesterday, and she asked me if we were "okay?" replied saying "Im good here. why would you ask?" and she replied "idk havent heard much all day" at that point I wanted to respond ironically but I just said that at this point it was a shared feeling. I said i needed some space before talking to her again and immediately after she blocked me on all socials leaving a really bad taste in my mouth but I want to continue with no contact. What should I do?

13 minutes ago, dependent track 98 said:

. I said i needed some space before talking to her again and immediately after she blocked me on all socials leaving 

How long have you known each other? Are you dating or friends?  What was the argument/breakup really about?

Do either of you want to be more than friends? All you can do is give her space and see if she contacts you.

Perhaps try dating women who you can get along with better and want what you want? 

I'm sorry you have  this infection & hope your surgery goes well. 

What you should do depends on why you two broke up.  Please give more details about the cause of the end of your relationship & who initiated it so we can better advise you. 

It does seem a bit like she misses having a BF & is a kind person but maybe isn't as keen to get back together as you think.  You mention her coming over to celebrate your birthday & "meet" your parents -- your word.  Are you really saying that in 2 years of dating your GF never met your family?  If true I suspect that was a source of conflict in your relationship.