What would you think?

Fair

• Author
3 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

You're certainly entitled to your personal opinions.  These boards are absolutely swarming with posts from people who are positive that their relatives, ex or current dates, neighbors, people they've been in contact with on OLD, anybody they don't like,  on and on, are narcissists.  So I tend to take it all with grains of salt anymore. 

Well when reliable sources are describing your relatives right down to the letter when describing the ins and outs of how narcissists operate, I think it's safe to say. And if your siblings have done the things mine have done which I won't go into,  sociopathy fits as a description as well. I agree people throw the word around too much, but some of us really are dealing with them. So maybe take it with a grain of salt but there can be danger in it for people if everyone around them just disbelieves them automatically and writes them off as crazy. There's actually a lot of narcissists out there, in fact, one source says 1 in 6 people are narcissists, which is a lot more than was currently believed. I wish more people would research the topic and find out for themselves.

If these online bug detectors work and I do find something, I won't be at all surprised. 

• Author
1 hour ago, basil67 said:

I think the bug detectors will be a good start, but what if they find nothing?  Would you accept that or still that something is wrong? My fear is that you'd still be concerned that something was missed.  

Well, I honestly don't know. There's no one here who can provide any evidence the online detectors really work. 

When was the last time any of you has had someone suggesting you pull your hair out and count the strands? Has it EVER happened in your lifetime? I mean, seriously. And then my brother  just happens to say that very thing to me the same day I was listening to an audiobook with that in it. So what would that be? A one in ten trillion chance coincidence? And remember he turned right around and asked me how my toe was FOR NO REASON. He couldn't have known it was sore.  So that's another astronomical coincidence making it two very unlikely coincidences in a row.

Just now, Fair said:

Well, I honestly don't know. There's no one here who can provide any evidence the online detectors really work. 

Exactly. Get the professionals in, get the place cleaned properly so that you're left in no doubt

2 hours ago, basil67 said:

Exactly. Get the professionals in, get the place cleaned properly so that you're left in no doubt

But, once that's done, I suggest you make a pact with yourself that you will accept their findings and proceed accordingly.  

• Like 2