Sister alienating my son from me

Kimberly D

I used my sister's phone one day to message a friend and I see text  messages from my sister to my son talking badly about me.My ex-husband had already alienated my son from me and my sister is doing it as well what the hell is wrong with her ? Why would she do this.I was a great mom.

How is your relationship with your son? What about your relationship with your sister? 

Something must have prompted you to open and access her private text messages on her phone. We don't typically use other people's phones to send and receive text messages.

2 hours ago, Kimberly D said:

.My ex-husband had already alienated my son from me and my sister is doing it as well what the hell is wrong with her ? 

How old is your son? Does he live with you, his father or on his own? It seems like you have a strained relationship and he was venting to his aunt about it. 

You probably need to see to your relationship with your son.  I am assuming he is an adult, since you say you "were" a great mom.  

If other people are able to "alienate" him from you, your relationship with him is not in a good place to begin with.

• Like 1

What was being said? Most people like to think they're great parents, but their children may have another viewpoint. Your sister shouldn't be interfering in your relationship with him, so I would be having a word with both of them, but separately. 

I have narc siblings and this is exactly the kind of thing they would do to me if I had kids, as they try to turn everyone against me. At any rate it's wrong and you should keep your son away from her. No one would do this unless they were on a mission to do damage. Who cares why she's doing it. There's no excuse and she obviously doesn't care about him either, since she's obviously unconcerned as to how she might be making him feel while she's trashing you. Anyone who disregards boundaries like that is bad news.