Is my friend a bad friend or am I sensitive?

Okay.. so I 27f have been friends with 27f  since 4 years of age and have been pretty close most of our lives.. drifting in and out of closeness as the years have gone on. In past 3 years I’ve suddenly lost all interest in her as a friend because of her behaviour. She’s been in a on/off relationship for 7 years and it seems she’s only interested in talking to me when things go wrong with him. A few examples are when my dad died 3 years ago she called me the day after crying about how she needed a friend because he had broken up with her but didn’t acknowledge my dad had died 24hrs prior. She will call and cry every time there’s an argument in her relationship but I feel she has very little interest in me. I feel bad because I know she’s in a tough situation but idk how I feel about it anymore. Am I being too sensitive? I

9 minutes ago, JJ96 said:

when my dad died 3 years ago she called me the day after crying about how she needed a friend because he had broken up with her but didn’t acknowledge my dad had died 24hrs prior. She will call and cry every time there’s an argument in her relationship but I feel she has very little interest in me.

Sorry this is happening. Condolences on your father. You're not being too sensitive. She seems quite self-absorbed.

Try to distance yourself. Stop listening to her lastest love life drama. Simply be very busy, tell her you have to run, etc. Use one word answers. Emotional vampires like this eventually find a new shoulder to cry on. Don't feel bad.

I agree she really isn't your friend.  She uses you for when she wants to but could care less about your needs.  You should cut her off and not take her calls anymore.

You are not overly sensitive.  Overly sentimental maybe.  Just because you have been friends since age 4 doesn't mean you have to let her walk all over you.  

My cousin is like your friend.  The day my father had a heart attack her cat died.  She complained that I didn't drive 1 state over, more than 2 hours to comfort her.  I had sent flowers.  When she got me on the phone she tried to whine.  I shut it down, shouting my father had a F'ing heart attack!  Your cat pales in comparison.  It's a cat.  

You don't have to end the friendship but don't count on her for much.  

She’s been in a tough situation.. for 7 years with the same lousy boyfriend? 

Im sorry for the loss of your dad. I’d let this one drift and just not be as available. I went through the same with one friend who wasn’t there at all when my mum died. It was all about her engagement to a man that broke her heart over a year ago.

You are definitely not being too sensitive.  These are all very valid reasons for not wanting to be friends with someone anymore.  She sounds incredibly selfish, self-centered and immature.  Don't put up with it.