Is This a Serious Breach of Trust?

You definitely did the right thing by dumping this woman.  She's way too needy for attention from other people and willing to put your job in jeopardy to get it.  Don't regret your break up.  What did you see in her from the beginning?

• Thanks 1
  • Author
11 hours ago, Alpacalia said:

Honestly, it sounds like your relationship was one long poopfest. What kept you from walking away sooner? If I had to guess, I would say it’s because you couldn’t realistically expect any better from someone who operates like this—so you tried to put up with it and make it work. Unfortunately now, you’re feeling the negative consequences of this.

I think when there is lots of good mixed in with lots of bad, it's not that easy to Walk away.

It wasn't simply chaos 24/7 we had great times together too, but pretty much like clockwork, every 3-4 weeks, something would happen that would cause a real issue, or she would sabotage the relationship in some way or shape.

• Author
12 hours ago, stillafool said:

You definitely did the right thing by dumping this woman.  She's way too needy for attention from other people and willing to put your job in jeopardy to get it.  Don't regret your break up.  What did you see in her from the beginning?

Well it wasn't constant bad things. She had good qualities too, she was very effectionate at times too.

However the social media was a big problem. In-fact it was social media that broke us up.

I suggested that we don't use our phones/social media around the dinner table in my house, moving forward & she went into an agressive rage about it. 

That's was the last straw for me, so I asked her to leave. We haven't spoke since.

Edited by BulletDodged
  • Author
3 hours ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Why are you second-guessing your decision? 

Because I did love her and breaking up with someone, the dumper does go through a period of second guessing.

I think its normal 

1 hour ago, BulletDodged said:

. In-fact it was social media that broke us up.

Unfortunately she had a multitude of issues including problem drinking. The social media was incidental to all the other problems. 

Of course there were good times and breakups hurt, but it's better to let it go.

Try to see the forest for the trees. Socal media doesn't destroy relationships. People do.

It's just sort of denial to blame that because of the "good times".  As if to say if there were no phones or alcohol, things would have been wonderful. But I think you know that's not true.

1 hour ago, BulletDodged said:

I suggested that we don't use our phones/social media around the dinner table in my house, moving forward & she went into an agressive rage about it. 

That's was the last straw for me, so I asked her to leave. We haven't spoke since.

Is this the same relationship/woman?

Booted My Girlfriend Out for Disrespect? - Breaks and Breaking Up - LoveShack.org

Edited by Alpacalia
  • 2 weeks later...

This girl does NOT seem healthy for you. She seems to already show toxic traits if she doesn’t get her way, she was ready to potentially sabotage your job. Is this truly the kind of person you should be dating? Think twice about this.

• Author
On 9/18/2023 at 7:24 PM, Lubecke said:

This girl does NOT seem healthy for you. She seems to already show toxic traits if she doesn’t get her way, she was ready to potentially sabotage your job. Is this truly the kind of person you should be dating? Think twice about this.

I already ended things with her.

She was toxic, and not caring about my job was a clear sign, that she doesn't have the qualities of long term partnership.

I Dumped her.