Is it possible to get my Ex back?

• Author
24 minutes ago, JTSW said:

1. Means nothing.

2. Means nothing.

3. Doesn't mean she loves you, It's for your future reference so you don't repeat the same mistakes with future relationships.

4. Means nothing because pretty much 90% of songs in the world are about relationships.

Kev, you told me you were going to leave her and her new guy alone, what happened there?

What you're doing is not healthy at all and it makes me worry about you.

You have a fixed idea of what you plan to do but you're not thinking about where she will be in that time.

She's dating someone, respect that.

You need to leave it be and stop keeping an eye on everything she is doing.

Thank you for taking your time to answer and for the clarification of the 4 of those points. 

Hahaha well what happened is that for every day that has been passing by the temptation to send Maria a message is becoming bigger and bigger. 

I know it's not healthy and I'm saying to myself "Just wait until November Kev" hahaha 

27 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

"In the chorus, the narrator confesses that they can't let go of this relationship, even though they know it's toxic. The repetition of the line "it's chemical" suggests that the narrator feels trapped in this addictive, chemical bond with their partner.

Verse two further emphasizes the narrator's difficulty in breaking free from the relationship. They have tried to make a change in their life, but their partner keeps pulling them back in. The line "maybe there's no mistakes" might suggest that the narrator has resigned themselves to the idea that they are meant to be with this person, even if it's not healthy."

When I was in a relationship with Maria she always says this song reminds me of you Kev and those songs are " Forest Blakk - If you love her" and "The few things - JP Saxe" So judging by that she does sometimes listen to music that relates to what she is feeling at the current time

Kev, you need to stop bro.

You have become very obsessive over this and it's not good at all.

You seem to know everything she is doing and listening to etc, do you not realise how disturbing that is?

When do you see your phycologist next? 

• Thanks 1
  • Author

@JTSW Forgot to add more text!

I've been always saying that I will try my best but I'm sort of failing to do that. The minute it becomes silent in my apartment I always think of Maria mostly because there was always some sort of sound like low music, her talking etc.. 

Also yesterday I made Tikka Masala and just cried while sitting there alone... + I always sleep on the left side of the bed which is strange considering that I used to sleep in the middle before I got together with Maria 

4 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

@JTSW Forgot to add more text!

I've been always saying that I will try my best but I'm sort of failing to do that. The minute it becomes silent in my apartment I always think of Maria mostly because there was always some sort of sound like low music, her talking etc.. 

Also yesterday I made Tikka Masala and just cried while sitting there alone... + I always sleep on the left side of the bed which is strange considering that I used to sleep in the middle before I got together with Maria 

I love Tikka Masala, my absolute fav, but not important lol.

I understand that you are struggling because she was a big part of your life for a while.

It was never going to be easy to move on will take allot of time.

There is always gong to be something that reminds you of her.

Songs aside, which I think you are reading too much into, Maria is dating someone else.

It would be very unfair of you to go running to her and begging while she is trying to move on.

• Author
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Why not wait until you speak to the psychologist? You claim your parents don't understand you? However as a grown man, besides telling them your GF ended it and moved out, you really have to figure some things out for yourself. 

You seem to have insight into some selfish behaviors and your former GF even gave you a list in addition to verbally and repeatedly explaining what her issues with you were.

One step in the right direction for you could be to discontinue going into situations thinking "what's in this for me?",  "how can I use this person or situation to best suit me?". 

Like the walking the dog fiasco. You figured you would plan things to end up in her place. Perhaps you simply have too many self serving agendas? Including trying to get your ex back because she moved on?

Thanks for taking your time to answer @Wiseman2 

I've have been out with my friends, playing video games and been working on myself using the list as a main source. Since I'm here that means that all of this did not work. I hope a psychologist would help me but my next session is sometime middle of october...

You write: "One step in the right direction for you could be to discontinue going into situations thinking "what's in this for me?",  "how can I use this person or situation to best suit me?". 
- Do you have any recommendation as to how I should be thinking? Maybe I should think more like " I will go with the flow and see what happends?"

I'm trying to get my ex back because I think it's worth a shot. 

• Author
46 minutes ago, JTSW said:

Kev, you need to stop bro.

You have become very obsessive over this and it's not good at all.

You seem to know everything she is doing and listening to etc, do you not realise how disturbing that is?

When do you see your phycologist next? 

It's hard man... it really is... I will see my psychologist in mid october which is a month to go from today... 

2 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

It's hard man... it really is... I will see my psychologist in mid october which is a month to go from today... 

Keep busy until then.

I know that's easier sad than done, but you need to try and keep yourself strong.

I know you can do it.

• Like 1

The fact that you know what music she is listening to gives me more pause about you than her.  It is stalkerish.  Go full no contact & stop looking at her social media.  You will be better off.    You are overreading her choice of music.   Even addicts can overcome.  If people can quit heroin, she can get over you.  Simply because she's sad doesn't mean its a good idea to get back together. 

• Like 1
  • Author
58 minutes ago, JTSW said:

Songs aside, which I think you are reading too much into, Maria is dating someone else.

It would be very unfair of you to go running to her and begging while she is trying to move on.

Right now I just can't seem to move on and just the thought of her dating hurts me. If I reach out to her a year from now maybe she has already gotten into a relationship while if I contact her soon then maybe we either can get back together or get closure. I've been reading stories online about people getting back together with their ex but it seems like everyone is telling me to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

Right now I just can't seem to move on and just the thought of her dating hurts me. If I reach out to her a year from now maybe she has already gotten into a relationship while if I contact her soon then maybe we either can get back together or get closure. I've been reading stories online about people getting back together with their ex but it seems like everyone is telling me to move on. 

She's already dating so she is moving on.

Respect that.

Take people's advice and do the same.

You do not need to wait a month to start working on your mental health. Listen to podcasts, read books, etc. Reading about how to improve your sex life is great and all that fuss and knowledge you pick up can certainly make you a better lover.