Why does this guy avoid me?

I suspect you're upset because you've experienced an injustice and how you were treated made you feel insignificant and you were hoping he would apologize and acknowledge his wrongdoings. It's understandable why you blocked them and chose to ultimately cut ties but it seems their behavior is now out of fear or guilt rather than respect or remorse.

People have different ways of dealing and this person may not be brave enough to face you directly and apologize. Maybe he's feeling embarrassed and ashamed for the way he treated you, he may just be trying to avoid an awkward conversation.

I understand your need for closure, but ultimately that is your decision and if you believe it is best for you to let the situation go then you should listen to your intuition and trust in that.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, missnini said:

We already did. He lashed out at me last semester and this semester he got moved to a different class. I requested not to be in the same class as him. He was a problem at times and for some of the other students too. 

This would certainly be enough for me to not look your way or speak to you again.  If you requested to be not be in the same class as him, I'm sure you had to give a reason.  He probably thinks having any contact at all with you will bring him nothing but trouble.  So when around you he keeps his eyes and his person as far from you as possible.  If you requested to not be in the same class as him that means you no longer want to even be in his presence.  Why are you now upset because he's following orders and yes why do you care?

On 9/2/2023 at 11:26 AM, missnini said:

So it just go to a point where I was like hey I'm not going back to a place where i'm mistreated and I spoke my truth and blocked them.

You  were perfectly within your rights to block him, however it seems to be bothering you a lot more than it's bothering him.  Why?