He's having me evicted

5 minutes ago, Lilac243 said:

tShe also gave me a hint that can wait a while to respond to buy time. 

I don't think it's wise for you to make any of your decisions based on what you've perceived as a "hint."  There are almost certainly absolute time constraints within which you need to respond to this type of legal move.  Find out exactly what those are.

The attorneys both told me once again that under the circumstances this is 100% no doubt shared property. I can not be evicted. I guess that if he really wants me out he will have to take it to court and split the property. The attorneys said there's really no legal way around it. There are also fees involved in that as well. 

There will be legal fees for you BOTH.  Have you asked either of the attorneys if they are willing to represent you on a pro-bono basis?  

I'm not going to apply to take it to court at this time, so I'm going to let him do that if he wants to. I guess if he wants to do this then he will have to have the consequences of losing half the property.

It seems that you are leaning towards doing nothing and leaving this all in his court to either follow through with or change his course.  Is this correct? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Lilac243 said:

The reason why I've stayed with him for so long is because there have been very long periods (this can be years) where our relationship has been amazing. He can be extremely kind, we have a lot of common hobbies, very much in love, he's caring, always been there for me when I really need him to be. 

So you still want to stay in a relationship with this man after the way he has treated you?  I hope you at least get a decent job so you can afford to take care of yourself when this happens again.

• Like 2

Haven't read all the comments but for him wanting to evict you seems pretty severe. Was there an issue recently that might have put him over the edge or caused this sudden change in attitude? How is it that he has threatened you with eviction in the past but there seem to be no past attempts to actually go through with it? Why would you choose to stay in a situation like this so long?

No matter what happens from here on out, this should be a blasting wake-up call to you.  Remaining passive is very dangerous.   Please don't keep every aspect of your own life hinged upon the mood swings or whatever is going on with this man.  You have very strong history now that shows you, without doubt, that your situation is precarious. 

It will be even worse as you grow older.   Your options for gaining any kind of self reliance will be shrinking.   

Of course I and probably everyone else here hopes that your relationship with this person is finally at its end.  And I am truly sorry that it's come to such an ugly point and that you are under such profound duress.  That said, you really have to muster what resources you can and start NOW to provide for and protect yourself in all ways.  Even if you stay with him.  This will happen again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NuevoYorko said:

It seems that you are leaning towards doing nothing and leaving this all in his court to either follow through with or change his course.  Is this correct? 

It seems she's betting on him backing out of evicting her to hold onto his home.  Even is he doesn't evict OP that isn't going to make him want you.  He may get to the point where he starts seeing other women right under your nose to make it so unbearable for you that you will have no other choice but to go.  He will let you stay not because he loves you; but on the advice of his counsel.  Is that how you plan to live the rest of your life?

Edited by stillafool
  • Like 2

OP, It really does seem like your first choice would for this “phase” to pass and things go back to how they were. Is that right?

Edited by Weezy1973
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Lilac243 said:

. The agency who sent me the letter said that I can contest it by just writing them an email. The agent seemed to think that the eviction request wouldn't be approved when I told her I'd be homeless, but of course, she couldn't tell me that for sure. 

Is your BF still pursuing this?  So the people that are suing you for eviction gave you this advice? Hopefully things work out for you.