If you tell a girl they look cute or pretty and they reply thanks you do too is that a good sign or is it her just being nice?

By “just being nice” I mean feeling obligated to say compliment back and or not to seem mean and hurt my feelings. Could she have been flirting back?

9 minutes ago, James lass said:

If you tell a girl they look cute or pretty and they reply thanks you do too is that a good sign or is it her just being nice?

How old is she? How do you know her? Do you work or go to school together? Or just on social media?

If you are interested in someone, the best thing you can do is smile, say hi, introduce yourself, make some small talk and eventually ask them out.

It's nice to compliment women, but you shouldn't walk up to women and say this right away. It's awkward.

You need to have the courage and confidence to ask women out, not just look for "signs". 

• Author
1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

How old is she? How do you know her? Do you work or go to school together? Or just on social media?

If you are interested in someone, the best thing you can do is smile, say hi, introduce yourself, make some small talk and eventually ask them out.

It's nice to compliment women, but you shouldn't walk up to women and say this right away. It's awkward.

You need to have the courage and confidence to ask women out, not just look for "signs". 

I know her, we work together, and I texted her that she looks cute then she replied “thanks you too” 

1 minute ago, James lass said:

I know her, we work together, and I texted her that she looks cute then she replied “thanks you too” 

Have you ever talked to her or gone on a coffee or lunch break together. 

Please don't text coworkers things like this. It's in writing and they can bring it to management as possible sexual harassment.  The workplace is not a dating app or singles club. 

You need the courage and social skills to make small talk. If they're interested in coffee breaks or lunch or small talk, then you can ask them to do something outside of work. But keep it professional while at work.

• Author
14 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Have you ever talked to her or gone on a coffee or lunch break together. 

Please don't text coworkers things like this. It's in writing and they can bring it to management as possible sexual harassment.  The workplace is not a dating app or singles club. 

You need the courage and social skills to make small talk. If they're interested in coffee breaks or lunch or small talk, then you can ask them to do something outside of work. But keep it professional while at work.

We talk frequently and we both have said sexual stuff to each-other in person, and we both do playful touches already just don’t know if it’s just jokes on her part. 

6 minutes ago, James lass said:

We talk frequently and we both have said sexual stuff to each-other in person, and we both do playful touches already just don’t know if it’s just jokes on her part. 

Why wouldn't you ask her out?

You risk coming across as a pimp if you flirt and talk sexual and that's it.

Its probably why she's just being cordial with you. 

4 hours ago, James lass said:

We talk frequently and we both have said sexual stuff to each-other in person,

You can do this but you struggle to ask a woman out?   You've got it backwards!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
princessaurora

To answer your original question, if a guy compliments your looks, you generally don't do it back just to be nice because any smart woman knows this is going to make them think the interest is mutual.  So I do think she's at minimum attracted to you or she would have said" thanks" and left it at that. You need to ask her out. She probably expected you to do so right after you complimented her because that's generally how it goes. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, basil67 said:

You can do this but you struggle to ask a woman out?   You've got it backwards!

Concur.

If a man was flirting with me and talking sexual but not asking me out I would think that he is not serious. She may feel that you are trying to get her attention or make her feel attractive, but without a commitment or a plan to go on a date, she would not take your words seriously.

SlimShadysWife
10 hours ago, James lass said:

In that case yeah she probably means it.

• Thanks 1

She's definitely interested.

But if you're not going to ask her out then stop all the flirting and inappropriate touching.

Unless you're going to get over yourself and act on it.

I can guarantee that what you said show's she is waiting for you to ask her out.

Stop being a coward.

Life is too short.

Edited by JTSW
  • Thanks 1

You look like more of a loser when you are too afraid to ask them out, than being rejected. Confidence wins the girl...maybe not all the time, but your chances are way higher.