Short term relationship breakup

Mattinho2021

Mattinho2021

I was seeing a girl for four months, but it ended very suddenly in January. We both had doubts around it lasting long term due to various small issues such as social lives being different, busy work schedules etc. She raised some doubts in January about it and as I’d been having similar doubts I empathised with her and said we should just end things. This was almost 7 months ago and we’ve had no communication since. The four months together was really intense and we spoke and messaged every day. I moved on, dated other girls quickly after the break up and was seeing another girl for two months who I really liked, but in the end we couldn’t make things work as it was long distance. Recently I’ve started thinking about the girl who i broke up with in January, and have started feeling like I’m missing her and thinking about reaching out to her. As we only dated for 4 months and the fact we split almost 7 months ago, is it normal to be missing her now after so long? And do you think she could be feeling the same after 7 months?

19 minutes ago, Mattinho2021 said:

as social lives being different, busy work schedules etc. 

Has any of this changed? It seems like you're lonely and nostalgic. 

You could get in touch but she may be seeing someone, isn't interested in on/off, etc. 

Consider moving forward rather than backward, perhaps with more filters and screening for incompatibilities, distance and other things that could sabotage going forward.

Edited by Wiseman2

It probably doesn’t change a thing whether you reach out or not. You’d be spinning your wheels. It doesn’t change the fact that your schedules and lifestyles differ. I’m neutral on it. Makes no difference if you have the time or energy in something that goes nowhere.

Whatever you feel is valid.

ExpatInItaly
18 hours ago, Mattinho2021 said:

And do you think she could be feeling the same after 7 months?

If she was the one to initiate the break-up and you haven't heard from her at all, then probably not. 

My guess is that you're just a bit lonely right now, but I don't think this previous relationship is worth revisiting. There were legitimate reasons it didn't work out and if none of that has changed, then it wouldn't make sense to try to rekindle anyway.