Dealing with heartbreak over my ex's actions

He hasn't changed.  The type of real change he would need to be a good BF takes years, soul searching & professional help. 

He has moved on to his next victim.  Let her have him.  

Go NC.  Grieve.  Self soothe then move forward in your life.  

• Like 2
On 10/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, colly12345 said:

Well three weeks went by, I missed him terribly and got in touch. He told me he no longer wants to get back together and is with someone new, who he has feelings for. (He had been dating various people over the last three months). I’m beyond devastated, I feel so stupid for thinking I could give him another chance and I wish we’d never met up again.

I don't understand if your break up happened back in July, 3 weeks went by and you got back in touch with him, but he told you he had someone else he has feelings for, because he's been dating various people for the last 3 months; when did you get back with him?  It's 3 months from Jul-Oct, so when exactly did you and he get back together?

• Author
14 minutes ago, stillafool said:

I don't understand if your break up happened back in July, 3 weeks went by and you got back in touch with him, but he told you he had someone else he has feelings for, because he's been dating various people for the last 3 months; when did you get back with him?  It's 3 months from Jul-Oct, so when exactly did you and he get back together?

After the incident in July, we started seeing each other as friends, with a view to possibly getting back together. During this time we were still sleeping together and spending time together 1-2 times a week. In the end we decided to go no contact as I was still not yet over what had happened. But we only went no contact one month ago and now he has a new girlfriend. I know I’m at fault for seeing him again in the first place but I missed him and had hope we could work through it in time. I was not happy with him dating but I could not control this. However I was still processing things and needed this time to get over it.