Protective over my mother

MarkB96

Good morning/evening 

I just need to ask this quick question about my mum, she goes abroad like twice a year to the same place Tunis, but over the last 6 years she'd had multiple (boyfriends) young men and my mum is no spring chicken, and i feel like she's getting scammed by all of them because she never talks about them and before i know it she's meeting someone else,  i see those stories all the time some young guy milking an old woman out of her savings then dipping, i don't want it to come across like i don't want my mum to have fun, but i feel like they are using her for money then leaving, should i ask her about this or should i just keep my nose out of her business. Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Mark

6 minutes ago, MarkB96 said:

i feel like they are using her for money then leaving, 

Perhaps she sees it as entertainment money?. Your and her love lives are private.  So there's not much you can do. Is she sending them money or just spending money on these boytoys? 

Obviously they're not moving in or have access to her finances so while your concern is genuine, it seems like she's smart enough to just treat them as lovers.

• Thanks 1

What actual evidence do you have that she's getting scammed by anyone?  It sounds like all you know is that she travels to this same place regularly and has had multiple younger boyfriends.  To me that's not enough reason to believe she's being scammed, unless there's something else you did not say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author

Your right i'm just getting in my own head, just don't want to see her get hurt, but it's those stories i constantly see of people being used by younger men, i think it's because she's so secretive and i open to her with my relationships, but it's none of my business who she sees anyway and good for her, it'd just kill me if something happens, thanks you two i'll leave it no point arguing over something that i don't even know happened.

Love you guys 

Mark

• Thanks 1

Does she ask you about your relationships or do you feel obligated to share? 

I’m also curious how you’ve come to find out about these men she’s meeting if she doesn’t talk about them?

Lotsgoingon

When people get seriously scammed, they react with dejection, anger, depression, humiliation and so on. Your mom isn't acting disappointed apparently. She isn't suddenly having financial problems is she? 

It's good that you are concerned. Once parents get old enough that their cognition declines  THEN you want to stick your nose in finances and yes, deep into their business. I don't sense your mother is in her70s or 80s which is typically when people become vulnerable because of cognitive decline and weakening memory.