Ghosted by friend. What next?

Lauren153

1 hour ago, stillafool said:

It's clear that Samantha and Laila are now best friends and only want a 3rd wheel of their choosing when they want it.  I agree the group is drifting apart.  This was bound to happen as people move out or get married or coupled up with a guy.  I would not beg them to hang out because they already know that you do.  They like being with each other, so be it.  Why not hang out and ride with that other girl who is complaining about them?

Yeah agree, thank you! What would you do about inviting to birthday?

Sorry you're feeling excluded, that's never nice. Women and how they manage friendships is a topic all of it's own, and I think what's happening for you at the moment is quite common, I could ramble on for paragraphs about the things I've seen women do to other women who are supposed to be their ''friends". It's like some females never evolve past that playground stage where they gang up on another girl for no reason other than that ganging up is a bonding exercise. It's nasty. But anyway, Samantha and Laila have obviously formed a BFF type friendship, and the best thing you can do is just back right off and leave them to it, because, however you feel about it, they do have the right to have an exclusive friendship. And no, I wouldn't invite them to your birthday, I wouldn't give them the opportunity to hurt you more by not turning up, and also because their actions suggest that they're not actually your friends, they're just acquaintances. Hanging out with people who actually like you and value your company is much more rewarding, so just invite the people who care about you. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Lonna9 said:

Yeah agree, thank you! What would you do about inviting to birthday?

No, I would make plans without them and only invite friends who are excited to socialize with you.  Inviting them would be giving them another opportunity to reject you.

• Thanks 1