I'm scared about how I feel

Idontknow1988

Hi everyone. 

I am getting severe panic attacks because I feel there is something wrong with me.

Firstly I find myself to be a person who is soo at peace. Meaning I never feel lonely or anything.

In the recent past years, I have seen my friends get married, and having to do speeches about how they love each other etc. I see movies and I see people fall in love as if they get hypnotized and cant stop thinking but other person.

The more I see people getting married, I'm always curious to know what is it that makes majority of people wanting to get married, have kids and live together for the rest of their lives.

The reason I get anxiety is that I never felt obsessed or have the need to find someone for happiness. Im already a happy person. I dont get crushes anymore either. And soo, I feel left out because majority of the world I see people falling in love and getting married.

Now, I dont mind marriage or finding someone, but at the same time I already feel at peace and happy. I dont ever think I'd be someone who gets heartbroken. And this bugs me alotbecause I feel I'm not normal.

I find the attractiveness of a women's physique etc, but I would admire from a distance and think ...sure shes pretty. But I never get obsessed.

I would like the idea of having to know that person and try a relationship and see how things go...BUT IM MOT OBSESSED.

I would like to ask if this is normal. Lie, I'm already at peace and never felt desperate to find someone and am always happy doing things by myself.

The pressure I get is that every other person I know is getting married, and so I'm assuming I must be obsessed with someone to get married.

Yes, it's perfectly normal.

No, you don't have to be obsessed with someone to want to marry them.

People find connections with others and fall in love and it could very well happen for you.

If you are happy with the way your life is then that's great.

You are secure and content.

You don't need to question your choices because people around you are getting married.

Just keep living your life the way you are happy with.

You may meet someone one day that you connect with.

Just go with the flow. You're doing great.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Idontknow1988 said:

. I am getting severe panic attacks because I feel there is something wrong with me.

I find the attractiveness of a women's physique etc, but I would admire from a distance and think ...sure shes pretty. But I never get obsessed.

Try to address the panic attacks. It's fine to enjoy being single. 

4 hours ago, Idontknow1988 said:

The pressure I get is that every other person I know is getting married, and so I'm assuming I must be obsessed with someone to get married.

Why are you putting pressure on yourself to do  what others are doing.  Like Wiseman said there's absolutely nothing wrong with staying single.  Many people enjoy their single life.

• Like 1