Thinking about other guys

So lately I have had nearly constant thoughts about guys other than my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for around 2 years. I love him dearly and do not wish to break up with him, but I often find myself thinking about the other guys. When I go out in my daily life, I’m looking at the guys I find attractive. I think about what it would be like to kiss another guy even. I fantasize about what their body looks like and how it would feel for them to hold me. Sometimes I’ll make flirty eyes at other guys. But at the end of the day, I know that there is no one who could compare to how well my boyfriend treats me.

I just want to know if this is normal, or should I be pushing these thoughts out if my head? It’s fun sometimes but it just feels wrong to my boyfriend. 

It looks like you are stepping into an area that could cause him great pain.

I hope you will end it with him BEFORE you decide to act on your thoughts.

in addition to that - do NOT plan to marry him or have any kids with him while you feel this way.

these are the thoughts of someone who is about to cheat.

I think it's pretty normal to perv on the opposite sex.  However, that your perving is "nearly constant" does suggest a lack of self restraint on your part

3 hours ago, Meg2001 said:

We’ve been dating for around 2 years. I love him dearly and do not wish to break up with him, 

It's normal to continue to find people attractive. However it may be time to review your relationship, where it's going, if you're bored or in a rut, whether you're just coasting along, etc. It's not about finding others attractive, it's about daydreaming about being free and single again.

It's normal to have fantasies and find others attractive.

But like someone else said, it's constant for you which presents an issue with your BF

You are actively flirting which could enable someone to pursue you.

You need to dial it back a bit and be careful.

Is this your first boyfriend?  If so you may have settled to early and need to date around first before getting into a relationship.  How old are you guys?

• Author
1 hour ago, stillafool said:

Is this your first boyfriend?  If so you may have settled to early and need to date around first before getting into a relationship.  How old are you guys?

He’s my second boyfriend, first serious relationship. I’m 20 and he’s 19 

Maybe you're in a period of your life when it would be appropriate to play the field and have some different experiences?

• Like 1
On 3/22/2023 at 10:59 PM, Meg2001 said:

So lately I have had nearly constant thoughts about guys other than my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for around 2 years. I love him dearly and do not wish to break up with him, but I often find myself thinking about the other guys. When I go out in my daily life, I’m looking at the guys I find attractive. I think about what it would be like to kiss another guy even. I fantasize about what their body looks like and how it would feel for them to hold me. Sometimes I’ll make flirty eyes at other guys. But at the end of the day, I know that there is no one who could compare to how well my boyfriend treats me.

I just want to know if this is normal, or should I be pushing these thoughts out if my head? It’s fun sometimes but it just feels wrong to my boyfriend. 

It's normal and your BF is doing the same thing. 

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

It's normal and your BF is doing the same thing. 

Most definitely your boyfriend is checking out and lusting after other girls too.

• Like 1