What's your unrequited love story?

NomiMalone

[]

I’ll start - I am in love with one of my doctors, and have been since my first consultation with him 2.5 years ago. He’s just the most beautiful man with the kindest of hearts and I find myself counting down the weeks, then days until my next consult with him. He has no idea and I intend to never ever tell him - not only because he’s my doctor, but because I have nothing to offer him - I’m much younger, am not marriage or parent material, and have no career to speak of (and have zero interest in cultivating one). 

I love him so much that I would be devastated if he was no longer in my life. (I know everyone will think it’s foolish, but you can’t help who you love and how you feel about someone. I don’t think I’m being a fool as long as I don’t tell him about it, or let it stop me from living my life.)

At my last consult, he told he won’t be able to see me for the next few months because he’ll be interstate, and I feel so…. empty. 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Yeah you need to stop this.

It's not healthy. 

It's not love, it's infatuation.

You don't even know him personally and he's likely married with children.

I think the best thing you can do here is find another doctor.

Harbouring these feelings IS stopping you from finding a guy more suitable for you.

I probably would be in love with one of my doctors if I was chronically sick and feeling isolated or helpless. If you’re going through something difficult in regards to your health try looking for support groups instead. It’s fine having a crush here and there. It may feel intense at first and then it goes away when you start growing out of it or moving past that phase in your life. The issue is you may not be able to move on or heal.

When I was in high school I had a massive crush on someone but it’s my fault we didn’t date. He tried talking and being friendly but thought he was too intense after awhile. He went on to date one of my friends. My feelings never went away though (through high school). I was conflicted and fine doing my own thing/too busy too. I’m not sure if that counts as unrequited. Actually it’s all very comical now.

I fell in love in HS (I was 14!!) with a guy that was 19, but he was so beautiful, popular and unattainable that we never dated. He was an artist and had many many girls fawning upon him, and he had a huge circle of friends. I only admired him from afar, and maybe spoke to him once or twice. He also went to a different school, so I only ever saw him during town events and such. It’s now almost 30 years later and I still occasionally check up on him on SM. Of course he has (or had; they kind of look divorced on SM) the most beautiful wife there is, and the most beautiful children (they’re almost grown). They own precious pieces of art, nice cars, businesses, restaurants, and wealth. They know the most interesting & influential people. It looks like a great life! 
I was in love with this boy (and then man) for decades. I’m over it now, but he still looks super hot, I’ve never seen a more handsome man. Seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Author
12 hours ago, BrinnM said:

I fell in love in HS (I was 14!!) with a guy that was 19, but he was so beautiful, popular and unattainable that we never dated. He was an artist and had many many girls fawning upon him, and he had a huge circle of friends. I only admired him from afar, and maybe spoke to him once or twice. He also went to a different school, so I only ever saw him during town events and such. It’s now almost 30 years later and I still occasionally check up on him on SM. Of course he has (or had; they kind of look divorced on SM) the most beautiful wife there is, and the most beautiful children (they’re almost grown). They own precious pieces of art, nice cars, businesses, restaurants, and wealth. They know the most interesting & influential people. It looks like a great life! 
I was in love with this boy (and then man) for decades. I’m over it now, but he still looks super hot, I’ve never seen a more handsome man. Seriously. 

Wow it sounds like this guy really won with the life lottery. When I was a teenager it was my dream to one day date a guy like that. It wasn’t until I was much older did I realise that being with that kind of man would be a nightmare for me personally - I’d always be left feeling like I wasn’t beautiful enough, popular enough, charismatic enough. 

8 hours ago, NomiMalone said:

I’d always be left feeling like I wasn’t beautiful enough, popular enough, charismatic enough. 

Yes, that was definitely a concern all the way, haha. 

Doctor? Cool. I might feel weird having a crush on my doctor given he does my annual physicals. Like that's just all sorts of personal. lol