Black Women and Interracial Relationships

Guest150

I know the topic of this thread is about black women (surprise, surprise). But I actually think the reaction from black men when they see in their words "a fine looking sista" hand in hand with a White guy is just as bad if not worse!:laugh: .

It adds insult to injury when a fine Bw talks negatively about Bm as a whole and then is with a Wm.

Because that Bw, Wm doesnt happen exclusively very often people forget the negative and dissaproving "sell out" vibes you get from black guys. Plus if your a Black woman who has a white boyfriend people tend to think theres something not quite right about you or your turning your back on where you came from..

The Bw that talk negative about Bm as a whole and think that dating a Wm is the only option are sellouts.

Two of the dumbest reasons some black guys said for liking only mixed or white girls:

1. "I don't do black nipples" [and "too black" is another part of a womans anatomy im too polite to mention;) ]

2. "I don't like black girls coz when your having sex in front of the mirror you cant tell whos, who" (I kid you not!):eek:

Bearing in mind one of these guys has a good job and is intelligent and well educated. If thats the kind of attitudes some of these "only interracial" guys have its no loss to me!:p

I agree....the reasons they are not dating Black women or non mixed Black women are stupid. If they think like this, then you should rethink the level of their intelligence.

Since running across this forum, the topic has been on my mind constantly. I did a little research and decided to check out Craig's List ads in New York City. The number of ads for white men looking for black women and vice versa were very surprising to me. Then I came across a post from a BM ranting about all the Black women chasing after white men and never giving him a second glance.

It's clear that we all spend too much time making assumptions about people. If I had a dollar for every black man I passed by assuming that he only wanted white woman....I'd bet all that money that men assumed the same about me. Throw into the mix, self-hate and cultural misconceptions and there are thousands of black men and women missing out on the company of great people.

At nineteen years old, I made a choice to stop dating African-American men. The reason why?? I got hurt and hurt deeply by an African-American man. I finally decided enough was enough and have not dated them since.

I come from a big family and everyone, both the men and the women have chosen at different times to date outside our race. We have even married outside our race. Which believe it or not, my grandmother will accept from the men, but not from the women. Go figure. She honestly cannot understand why us younger girls do not want to date African-American men only. Sheesh. She is always there when we come crying about them and then wants to say something if we bring home an Asian guy.

No offense, but for me it simply boils down to this. My life is to short to be bothered by all the games immature men play. Immature men can come in any type of package, Caucausian, Asian, African-American and Latino.

However, I am now looking for a man of quailty and one that is not out to hurt me for every other hurt he has experienced from every other woman.

When I see an African-American man and he flirts with me, I pay it no attention. I keep in mind that his girlfriend will be along and take him home soon!!! And very rarely is she an African-American woman. Always Caucasian or Asian.

But like I said, it does not bother me. It does make me sad that my children will not be 100% African-American, but then there is little I can do about it.

All the social injustices of a day, cannot be corrected with one step.

I will note that some African-American will not even smile at me when in public, if I am caught staring at them. They make it clear in an almost clown like way that they are not interested.

I honestly do not care in the least. Trust me. I have enough first hand experience to know that I am not missing out on anything they have.

The ones that flirt the most with me are men who are from Africa. And I generally pick up on it, before I ask, "where are you from"?

I am an educated, kind, beautiful African-American woman. If the only guys that will take the time to get to know me and treat me right are Asian and Caucasian guys so be it.

I am not say that road is any easier, but my chances of meeting someone who will accept me for who I am, not be ashamed of it, introduce me to his family and friends, not cheat on me, honor his responsiblities as a father and husband, are higher than with a man from my own race.

And that is speaking only the truth of it.

Well....I'm a black male that is in a relationship with an amazing and beautiful white woman. She approached me, thought I was handsome and funny, and we've been a happy couple ever since. My reasons for being with my woman are really no one's business and not up for explanation.

Well....I'm a black male that is in a relationship with an amazing and beautiful white woman. She approached me, thought I was handsome and funny, and we've been a happy couple ever since.

Congratulations.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Ive jst met a white Guy now and I am really attracted to him. Hope this works out. The funny thing I notice about White guys is when they do like BW theyre not as bothered about light skin and long hair stuff. Its more of an opposites attract.

:confused: Anyway Im kinda getting to see why some prof BM end up with WW because over the last two years I havent really seen any BM in my college classes, training or groups. Some people have lives where they meet up a lot with their own groups but if you move up in the ladder you will be surrounded with more white+ Asian people. Going out of your way to find a Blk person when you are surrounded by perfectly good HUMANS is starts with peference and borders on racism...

My Dad told me a couple of years ago "He doesnt want me to be one of those prof blk women who goes out with a Wm":( . I respect my dad but seen as he was absent from my life for 16 yrs I think i'll make my own decisions.

And for the poster I find when talking to my girls "of colour" they seem to have as much of a bad attitude towards BW WM as vise versa. " I could never go with a white man" ect...