I'm Engaged!!!

IhavenoFREAKINclue

To clarify : I was not raped. It was an attempted rape where he pushed me inside my car and started touching me. At that point I slammed my arm into his face and ran out of my car.

I do know the fear of ~ OMG this is about to happen.~ But I got out of it after acessing the situation :that no-one could hear me or was around and I was totally on my own to get out of that one ; I was basically fu***** and had to make a fast decision.

I am not saying your coping mechanism is good or bad. I am not saying mine is good or bad either. We are both still breathing today and we survived what happened to us.

I agree this is America and its nice we all have our own individual opinions. Thats what makes us all unique :)

Just to remind you that 'this' is not America. It's LoveShack whose members come from around the world.

I think Mary was addressing me and we're both Americans. So for us this IS America!

Scuse me...* Mary spanks herself for being bad *.....You are right there are ppl from all over the world who post here.

:)

Clue, I don't think it did...just having a healthy debate. We're all happy for you. It's a very exciting time, I know.

HokeyReligions

CONGRATULATIONS!

I knew from day one too - but we did wait a couple of years and took time to enjoy the engagement and get to know each other which was great and I'm glad we did, but I always knew he was the one. I think we had only been togther a few months before he proposed. We've been together + 25 years now and it is a first marriage for both of us.

You got engaged, not married (yet)! Congrats! Enjoy it. :D

RainyDayWoman
I was just sharing my joy. I didn't mean for this thread to turn ugly.

and you should share your joy, IHNFC.

this "healthy debate" should have started in a new thread.

and you should share your joy, IHNFC.

this "healthy debate" should have started in a new thread.

Perhaps so.

the corinthian

I have been lurking here for some time, and have read many a thread authored by and contributed to by you. Based on how you have presented yourself for several months, I do not believe that you are ready to consider marriage at this point in your life.

I do realize that not all people can accurately represent themselves online.

I would strongly advise you to consider having a very long engagement, just to be certain. I do wish you luck. What matters is what you think, but sometimes a stranger voicing his concerns can cause much needed introspection.

To restate, I mean no offense, and do wish you well. Be sure that this is what you want, and take time before making your final decision.

• Author
IhavenoFREAKINclue

Thank you for your insigltful words. I to would believe that I am not ready due to the way I present myself on here. All computer identities are stretched here and there. I am sincere when I talk about my wonderful fiance. A long engagement would be wise since I don't want to rush into the biggest commitment of my life. Biggest, but happiest. Thank you for your concern and it was well taken in.

As for you debaters......the back and forth banter was actually helpful. Thanx again and I AM going to enjoy every minute of it!