Hi all, well December was an extremely rough month for me as I was unwell for the entire month and it is still continuing. It was all one thing after another. It began with a viral infection that cleared up after 5 days. Then I had Step A. Doctor gave me anti biotics for that. Then I had a respiratory infection with a cough. Then a week before Christmas I found out I had Covid with the cough getting worse (I spoke with a doctor during this who advised me to take paracetamol and Ibuprofens). It all calmed down and I was feeling better over new year. Then a few days ago another cough resurfaced and I was feeling rough again. Yesterday I felt allot better but today I feel tired and have been sick. I don't know how much more by body can take. 

Any opinions or recommendations will be very appreciated.

Edited by JTSW

Though I don't have any medical advice, I do hope you feel better soon. Seems to be a lot of buggies around.

Keep up with your medical appointments and take it easy both physically and mentally.

I'm sure your immune system is taxed and your body needs time to recover.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you @Alpacalia

There is allot going around and I seem to be picking it all up.

I have no idea where I got Covid from as my family and I hadn't been around anyone. 

My body feels defeated and drained.

It has me worried though.

When I had COVID last July it took a month for me to get my energy back, and I hadn't been battling other ailments as you have been.  Friends had the respiratory thing with the cough at the end of the year and were out of commission for a month with that.  Seems like what's going around now lingers a long time.

You probably need to lay low as much as possible for a while, avoid groups and crowds especially with winter gatherings in closed spaces.  Get lots of rest and eat nutritiously and/or consider taking extra vitamins and supplements that help your immunity.  

I hope you start feeling better soon.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JTSW said:

Thank you @Alpacalia

There is allot going around and I seem to be picking it all up.

I have no idea where I got Covid from as my family and I hadn't been around anyone. 

My body feels defeated and drained.

It has me worried though.

Covid is such an odd infectious disease. Pretty much everyone I know has been infected. I havent.

I went on a short vacation with my cousin, her husband and their children. He fell ill with Covid the day we flew back home and none of us contracted it (though my cousin and her children had already had it months prior). I feel as though most likely everyone is going to get it at some point, more or less.

The risk is higher when your immune system is already weakened. And you had just battled prior illnesses right before so it's like a triple whammy for you. 

If your symptoms are worsening definitely get in contact with a health care professional as soon as possible for further medical guidance.

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Author

I've had Covid twice now, both very mild symptoms, but nasty cough with the 2nd.

Thank you so much for your caring comments x

• Thanks 1